1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is most effected by the Patriots cheating?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Stone, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It will be argued until the day we die whether or not the Patriots cheat and to what degree. It is said "if you're not cheating you're not trying", and I love winners who take every advantage but I hate cheaters!

They say that every team engages in attempts to gain the upper hand on the opponent and that lines are often crossed but there are just too many instances where players have said that "the Patriots seem to know exactly what we are doing".

So, assuming the Patriots have pushed the envelop more than everyone else, who has been most effected by it?

You could say that the teams in their division who play them twice every year, but those teams couldn't have beaten the Patriots even if they cheated and the Patriots didn't.

You could look at the games between Brady and Manning but there were only a few.

Look at how many times the Steelers either lost home field advantage to the Patriots or lost a playoff game to the Patriots during the period in question.

I can't think of another team who had as many seasons directly impacted by the Patriots as the Steelers had?

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Look at the history of the NFL and try to find the other teams winning decade after decade. The Packers are the only one I can think of with the great ,NON-CHEATING Lombardi at the helm.
    Now look at the players that Belicheat did it with, nobodies. Brady the greatest sixth rounder ever? Riigghhtt...:facepalm:...let's see how he does without knowing the defensive call & where the players on defense will be...Troy proved that.
    Sadly the owners let the bs slide, focus on this instead fellas...smh

Edit: Parcells knew football & he liked Bledsoe better, f*ck Belicheat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'd be willing to bet that less than a handful of Patriot players know anything about the cheating, they just play. Think about it from a logistical point, if you are Belichick and you are going to cheat, you want as few as possible people to be able to take pictures, record audio, document details, etc. And you damn sure wouldn't want people with the money to back up their accusations later in life. So it's probably Bill and the few grunts he can get to do his dirty work.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Who is affected?! Pittsburgh of course.

Pittsburgh of course. 2001 I believe and 2004 are years that a many of Pittsburgh fans should still be infuriated about. Who knows what could have been against the likes of St Louis and Philadelphia.

The Steelers could potentially have eight Super Bowls if accounting for 2001, 2004, 2005 and 2008. Realistically and rightfully speaking, Pittsburgh should be the first team to reach nine Super Bowls and not New England. Of course though and, as the saying goes;

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts".

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    ME, DAMMIT!!! Hands down.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1