1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is in play

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 16, 2019.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    WR.
    AJ Brown
    Boykin
    Jennings
    Samuel
    Brown
    Harry
    Metcalf
    Hardiman
    Isabella

OLB.
    Winovich
    Burns wishful thinking here.

ILB.
    Long
    Bush
    Wilson
    Johnson

CB.
    Layne
    Mullen
    Murphy
    Love

S.
    Savage
    Hooker
    Abrams
    Thornhill

Kris Boyd as a possible cross over from corner to safety?????

TE.
    Mack
    Moreau
    Smith
    Warring
    Sternberger
    Oliver

Any others??? To me this seems like the core of the interest amongst this group. :cool:

2. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm not sure what to think about your list, but I think you just showed our first 4 rounds by position. You may add RB to this list. I also wouldn't be surprised to see OLB not taken in the top rounds. I think most of the talent will be gone by us in the first and once you pass that, you might as well just wait until later in the draft and take a gamble on someone with untapped potential.

I also think it is possible we double dip at the WR position in the later rounds.

To me the needs are:

Offense: RB, TE, WR (maybe 2), and Interior OL
    Defense: ILB, OLB, S, CB, and D End

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I believe they had D. Baker in for a visit.

Omenihu
    Banogu (hope not)

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Yep, forgot baker. Is omenihu in contention for OLB? I thought he was more a DE in our thinking.:cool:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I thought they brought Jordan Brailford OLB, he could be in play in the 4th rd.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Was he in?:cool:

7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes, I think as a DE.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yes, I like this guy he could take Chickillo's roster spot.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Amani Hooker is someone I am not too sure on in terms of Pittsburgh's chances of drafting him. I do not believe the Steelers have had him in for a Pre Draft Visit. Same goes for Johnathan Arbam and Juan Thornhill. Brian Burns also. Such a move though is a bit odd for me. Thought he would be considered.

Missing Greedy Williams. I believe Tomlin met up with him at the combine. Team brought the house to LSU's Pro Day the same. Isaiah Johnson the same.

Beyond that I believe you are good. :)

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Not sure which thread to post this in so I will do it here. Heard on the radio with Peter King yesterday morning that he was saying he spoke to a lot of GM's and front office staff and they are not telling anybody who they like. He said in years past teams always told him some of the prospects if not all they were interested in if not all. This year he said there is secrets and teams are so tight lipped. He said this draft is gonna be surprising since teams aren't talking.

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes we had him in on April 3rd.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've heard similar accounts as well. At the same time if you look at their visit list,outside of Baker ,Murphy and maybe Omenihu there are no 1st round guys that were brought in. Something else I read recently but don't know the exact details. We have drafted very few players where Colbert didn't attend their ProDays. If that holds serve it narrows the list a lot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Andrew van ginkle olb from Wisconsin scheduled for a visit.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    my bad, I thought we met with those safeties somewhere. As far as burns, well that's just wishful thinking on my part.:cool:

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I like that idea and I feel like there are some good names later on, Cam Smith and Jordan Kunaszyk are 2 guys that could be steals imo. Also the buzz on TJ Edwards has flamed out and I like him a ton and I know others here did early on.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah that was why I posted what I did about Winovich in a different thread he was the only dinner this year. Things are going to be shocking imo.

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes . Things seem to be very tight lipped. I still think a trade up in a 5 pick range is a strong possibility. They will not break the bank though. Their FA acquisitions secured glaring weaknesses. They can go BPA at ILB,CB,TE ,OLB and maybe even DL. If you follow their trend of position of need,power 5 conf,SPARQ and underclassmen it would probably lead down the right path. Factor in the Colbert visit and you may be hot on the trail....and just when you get close enough....they will go where we least expect it :smiley1:

20. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    If our first rounder is Greedy, I’ll be nervous - and a bit excited. He is very much a boom or bust prospect. His potential as a coverage corner is Pro Bowl level, but there’s a reasonable chance of him never even becoming a quality starter because of his lack of interest in tackling and his inconsistency in coverage (Though there’s far more good than bad in his coverage tape).

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not saying they will not trade up in the first but I don't think they will. I see a 3rd or 4th round trade up in our future. We have three 5th round picks with according to the value chart isn't worth a whole lot so I can see us using them for lower movement. JMO

I am pretty excited for the draft to see just what happens, I will be on vacation that week so that is the only down side......kinda lol

22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Oh trust me. I do not like him either. :lolol: If anything, he is up there with RaShan Gary; what are you getting every Sunday?! A top 20 pick to me needs to put forth their very best effort of every snap, in every series, for every second of every Sunday. No exceptions.

It is unusual though the team did not invite Amani Hooker. Now, if they believe Marcus Allen can truly play the DIME, fair enough. A year of preperation usually assists more than it diminishes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No worries!! :)

I also consider it odd Hooker was not invited. Granted, I would then assume that the team believes Marcus Allen is the future at the DIME role. In addition, you have plenty of depth at Strong Safety overall. Free Safety is a different issue.

24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    What are people's over/under on Jochai Polite now?

No way he's a 1st round pick.

Doubtful he goes in round 2.

Round 3? Is he now a value in round 3?

25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Gary is as boom or bust as a prospect can get. I wouldn’t take him in the 1st round