1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who here is buying Dupree?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Jan 22, 2020.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nope just means some people just make me want to bang my head against the wall........and go eff yourself with thinking you know so much more than others and your opinion is better than others. Your crap around here is getting old with many.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yes cause you know so much more than others that most don't even want to respond to you anymore...........carry on with the BS to keep talking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Again it is not about right or wrong, I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand or maybe you do and just like telling people their OPINIONS are wrong. Players do take less and it is for several reasons one of them reasons is what many here are talking about. This OLB FA class is loaded and not EVERYBODY is gonna get the big contract. Fowler, Barrett, Bud and Clowney are all gonna see big money. Guess how many 3-4 OLB got double digits last year......3. Guess who that leaves Beasley, Golden, Van Noy, Irvin, Mingo, Lynch, Frackell, Jenkins, Correa........... You see what we are saying is there are players out there that are just as good IN OUR OPINIONS who will come here at far less than Bud. This is just a quick list there are other players as well but my point and others point we are trying to make is not every players is getting 16-17 mil like Bud will and there are plenty of options out there.

If you want to say you don't feel ANY of these guys can take Buds place fine that is fair. I will not agree with that since another point many of us here are trying to point out to you is nothing says Bud is guaranteed to put up the same numbers. 1 out of 5 season Bud was good doesn't show me anything that says he can do it 2 years in a row......guaranteed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You are certainly welcome to your opinion. You can even cling to your own facts, even incorrect ones.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You got things factually wrong. That is why I began my post with “Wrong again.” Then you chose to ignore what you got wrong. That is why I don’t put much stock in your opinion.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Let it go @NY STEELERFAN . It’s sooooo not worth it.....:drinks:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    As usual, you are speaking from the wrong end of your anatomy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Maybe to you and that is fine and if you have so little stock in my opinion feel free to pass my posts right on by.....might be the best thing for both of us! If I keep going back and forth with you I am sure to get banned and I am starting to think that your goal!!!!! Whatever, you remind me of another poster(he won't see this) as you are both rude to people and think you are better than some......I don't come here to fight with "fellow fans" but I feel that is what gets you off since every post you reply to ends up in some kind of debate on facts as only you see it.................I am done with you bye bye

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Yes sir just said my last bit hopefully I will be able to log back on later without a ban notice........:(

• Like Like x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Smart move. You’ll be much better off....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Dud Dupree.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Unless you trust Ola, Skipper or Chick, resign him or franchise tag.

But I do believe he will continue to get better. He has someone across from him that is superb. They can be the next tandem.

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wasn't talking about him taking a team friendly deal, I meant when the players sign a longterm deal the first year salary is low, but the player gets money in the form of a signing bonus. A longterm deal would help the Steelers with cap space in 2020, a signing bonus would be spread out over several years.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What your referring to is the standard practice of contract structuring without the 30% rule. A contract may have a $20 million signing bonus and $850k vet minimum base salary year 1, and then the base salary would jump up to $8 million in year 2. With the 30% rule, that typical contract structure is not allowed because the jump in base salary between years 1 and 2 is greater than 30%. Any contract done this offseason will have to respect the 30% rule.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Falcons are letting Beasley walk away. Difficult to know what kind of market there will be for him, he hasn’t set the world on fire in recent seasons. He might thrive with a fresh start though.

• Like Like x 2
  17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Sign me up...could be looking for a Shaq Barrett type deal...what better place? I think he’s another guy you may be able to entice on a 2 year deal with some guaranteed money and a player option as well. Like you said ,the market.? but a intriguing option. @NY STEELERFAN has been mentioning him all along. Kick them tires hard....

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Guess I misunderstood sorry, I see what you are saying and you are right that the first year is low but then we are right back in trouble later on right? The packers did this with Z. Smith, he signed a 4/66 with 20 mil signing bonus. here is his 4 year break down: 7.25, 17.25, 20.75 & 20.75. Man that would kill us trying to get Watt and Minkah done. Yeah Ben might be gone and that gets freed up in 2 years but we will be hurt next year, right?

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    He is my pipe dream but not gonna happen. I think he would kill it here jmo.

20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He earned $13m last season and was a high first rounder. I know he has been a bit of a disappointment but even still there is no way he is taking a Shaq Barrett type deal. I think Beasley will want $13m plus and he will probably get it somewhere

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    By Barrett I meant a 1 year prove it deal to re boost his stock. Yeah I have no idea what his market is gonna be but we’ll see...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Why are fans worried about Minkah? By the time they have to pay him expensive players like Ben and Pouncey will be gone, they have Minkah for 2 more years on a rookie contract and can use the 5th year option if needed.

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That is just it we have no idea but what I do know is there are plenty of options out there. I don't know what Beasley is gonna ask for and get but imo he is not at the level that Clowney, Fowler, Barrett and Bud. I feel the next level is Beasley, Judon, Addison and Kendricks. Next level is Golden, Frackell, Van Noy, Irvin, Jenkins, Orchard and Mingo.

So that is just my thinking obviously it is not fact but you get where I am coming from in trying to lump these guys by level. Last year the top FA contract over all was Lawrence 5/105, The top 2 contract at OLB were Flowers 5/90, Ford 5/87.5 and Clark 5/104. The next level guys were Barr 5/67.5, P. Smith 4/52 and Z. Smith 4/66. then the fall off Houston 2/24, Wright 2/14, Suggs 2/10, Matthews 2/9.25, Chick 2/8(wtf), Irvin 1/4 and Barrett 1/4.

Where I am going with this is 3 got big money, 3 got good money and lots got the rest. Last year Defense got big money 7 of the top 10 positions, this year could be different with all the QB's out there. I think Chris Jones big SB is gonna get him big money so I can see guys like Golden, Frackell and Jenkins as bargains we could grab. This is all my opinion going by past numbers and contract and what is available. Most of this probably won't matter as we will tag Bud and put us in cap hell.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Actually I wasn't thinking of the first year salary being that low $850k, I was talking about a contract structure of 10 million or less in the first year, then he would get a signing bonus. I don't know Colbert will figure it out