1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

who do you want at RB next year...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by deebs11, Jan 8, 2012.

1. deebs11

deebs11 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    -Mendy
    -Redman
    -Free agent/rookie/other

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Mendy: torn ACL. Even if he's cleared to run by September, he's going to be iffy. RBs rarely return to form inside of a year, if ever after a torn ACL.

So I'm going with Redman. I might go with him anyway. But all things considered, he's even more so the best we have. And we don't have the room to go FA shopping.

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Redman

Rookie - From the Baylor Bears - Ganaway, Terrance - RB - 6-0 - 240 - SR - DeKalb, Texas/DeKalb HS/Texarkana College
    This kid is in the mold of Bettis but faster. Hope they get him.

Baron Batch - Moore's replacement, he will do great things as the 3rd down back.

Clay - should get better

Ganaway is the perfect back to work with Redman, together they will be a great combo

4. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mendy likely won't be ready till October. Redman by default, right now.

Develop our in-house RBs, I don't think we need to draft one.

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Redman. Gotta save the money we'd spend on Mendy. I think with Redman, Dwyer, Clay and Batch we'll be fine at RB. Save a lot of money to re-sign Wallace.

6. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    If there was ANY way in he l l we could afford Steven Jackson it would be Christmas every Sunday Afternoon!

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I dont think he's a FA anyways so...he signed a 6 yr deal back in 08 or 09 i think. So unless they cut him or something then he is under contract with them.

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Redman if BA leaves.....If not what does it matter......Shoot if BA stays I hope someone offers a 3rd. or 4th. for Redman so he can go play somewhere they will use him.....

A PA Team would Love to have a RB like Red.....

9. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Redman will start, because of performance. Even with a healthy Mendenhall.
    He's the back we were looking for: a guy who can gain the tough yards, and make some runs inside the tackles. A shame we discovered it when he is 27.

If he's able to run like that behind OUR OL, can't imagine if we had at least a decent couple of G's and Pouncey... hopefully we get some OL help next season!

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Redman by default and we need to find a couple of other guys. I'm not impressed with Clay. He looks fat and slow.

11. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I think all the Naysyaers have to give props to Redman after last nights performance. He ran hard and he ran well. Over 100 yds early in the 3rd qtr. Mendy has been over 100 only a few times this year. Redman went over 100 in both starts he was given. I think its quite clear who the better running back is. I am not saying Mendenhall isnt a great athlete, but he is only great in space. Red can run in the NFL where the holes arent as clean and dont last as long. Redman in my opinion is the better back, Mendenhall could be an awesome 3rd down back and take over Moores role. Use Redman as the feature back and Mendy can be the 3rd down, screen , check down back in open spaces where is better suited.

12. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Redman, Batch, Clay, Dywer and Spann. No need to draft a RB especially with Albert Young on the Practice Squad. Let Mendy go and spend that money on a good FA OL, MLB or DT.

13. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Redman's been solid when called upon when he can hold on to the ball. I really wanted Mendy to do well, but I think we need to find a different way to use him. He just can't push tough straight up the middle like we always have him do, especially with all the dancing and spinning. He also seems so injury prone. I think I'd start Redman, and give Mendy some outside runs to see if he's a better fit there.

14. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Redman all the way. Mende is good but can't get the short yards like Redman. The Steelers need to use him more anyway. Jackson would be a perfect fit in Da Burgh. I have said that for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT he is not going anywhere..............

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I have nothing against Mendy, but why pay a RB if you underutilize him....just plug and play with low round draft picks on the cheap.

16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm purely speculating, but I think they waive Mendy next season. Not sure that he'll be healthy in time to start the season, and it's his final year of his initial contract. I can't see them paying the big $ to keep him on the bench half the season and hope he fully recovers.

17. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :amen:

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  19. one4theotherthumb

one4theotherthumb Active Member

Oct 30, 2011
    HB:
    Redman
    Dwyer
    Batch
    Spann (PS)

FB:
    Clay

Mendenhall - Trade bait

20. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Redman. Unless we add a stud at guard and Mendy comes back 100%

21. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    redman..... I thought mendy was a FA anyway?

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Nope, not until next year. I'd expect to see Redman as the starter at the beginning of next season.

23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I still have some friends working with the Panthers and I do believe they are ready to save some loot to add to the D ,,,and if BA stays I hope they sign Redman.....I am a True Steelers Fan ,,,but I am also a true fan of the game and I Love heart ,will,and determination just as much as I love our Steelers........Once upon a time the 2 where exactly the same.... :cry:

So couple that with how Red plays and the way BA doesn't build on that ,,,I have no desire for Redzone to waste his talent with BA....

So If BA stays I hope the Steelers take the offer....

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I believe Marshawn Lynch is a free agent. He has turned into a heck of a football player.

25. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I like Mendy over anyone we have.Don't know how he's going to be after his ACL injury?
    :praying: