1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who do we take with the 4th pick?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Sep 22, 2022.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Already on to the draft in April 5 weeks into the season. It’s a new age of Steelers Football.

so do we go LT DL MLB or CB rd 1? If Pickett sucks rest of the season is another QB in the realm?

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This from the guy who whines about me stalking him? You're funny.

You actually made fun of another poster for a typo? Try reading your own posts. That's even funnier.

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I doubt it. I think they will give Pickett more than one season. I guess it depends on how poorly he plays. If he has performances similar to what we saw against the Jets, I imagine they will give him at least through the end of 2023.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I just found it funny that's all...The smartest Guy on here, the most educated man? On here, who tells EVERYONE how smart and educated he is...Loves to make fun of others and actually makes mistakes himself...

I'll let it slide my good Buddy...When you're perfect 99.9999999999% of the time , even a man? of your immense mental capacity screws up, if gives the rest of us Yinzers hope...

Now you go grade those elementary papers with the gusto only you can give...

Have a great day at school...Till next time

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I am sorry that being factually wrong in multiple posts bothers you so much. You really should be a little more careful before you click "Post Reply" next time.

If you think a typo is the same as making a glaring factual error about the game and doubling down when someone tries to set you straight, I don't know how to help you.

To be fair, it wasn't necessary to give you such a hard time about forgetting that one of those failed kicks by the Bengals was a block rather than a miss. I even responded on that thread later with a "my bad" because I did contribute to the problem, but I will apologize for it now. It doesn't justify your overreaction spread over three threads, but I will own my mistake. I hope you can do the the same, but I'm not optimistic. Stalking another poster after whining about being stalked just makes you look like a hypocrite.

I teach high school, not elementary, by the way.

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    belichick spent years coaching in the nfl. Have you?

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    A rookie must at least get 3 years of play....unless He sucks,and You never see any improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I notice you didn't even bother to refute my post. Good. Glad we agree that you are a plagiarist who lacks the ability to think for himself.

You didn't answer my question. How did he learn if he wasn't a former player? Come on. Use that thing between your ears.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    If someone has to tell everyone how smart he is... he probably isn't all that smart.

Just ignore it. Some people HAVE to be right, or HAVE to be the smartest, or just downright talk down to people bc it makes themselves feel important or better than they are. Its a coping mechanism for perceived personal deficiencies or the result of an inflated ego.

This is a freaking message board. Idk. I have had plenty of arguments/disagreements and never intentionally put people down or offended anyone. If anyone is offended by something I've said for a legitimate reason I'll DM them, apologize, and work it out. Its life. This is supposed to be fun lol

10. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Sometimes rookies really suck and then come back in year two as total studs (see Troy Polamalu or Peyton Manning). I doubt we are going to look at Kenny's body of work after the season and really consider moving on from him unless his failings extend beyond the field.

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Or perhaps a poster just wants to debate a topic and point out if the person he is debating with has the facts wrong. :shrug:

12. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Edmunds isn't a "deep safety" though. That's like saying player X is sooo much better of a receiving back than Derrick Henry or Nick Chubb. Who cares? lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I take your point. It is focusing on the wrong thing, but Henry and Chubb are great at doing their primary jobs. Edmunds is not.

14. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Let's call it even...Carry on

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Ya your right... I'm just gonna take a lil break, step back...I " try " to be funny sometimes, interject a little Steeler talk... I've loved this team with a passion since Ivey been a small kid ( I realize I might sometimes not come across that way ) And for THAT... I'll apologize...

I just truly believe, This team is not going anywhere with Tomlin as a Coach, and sometimes my frustration shines through... It's because I'm passionate and want better...

I'm gonna take a step back...Go Steelers!

• Like Like x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't take a step back....I like Tomlin, but Your opinions are Yours, and You have as much right as any of us to express them.:thumbs_up:
    We don't have to agree, but We are for the most part all Steelers fans, and I believe We all get upset by the failures of the team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    No need to step back. I don't think you've handled yourself in a negative manner, it was more to the guy you were arguing with (who is the only poster I have ever blocked in my nearly 10 years of MB experience). I just wanted to point out that arguing with people like that just ends up frustrating you (and me alike) and turns the conversation away from what its supposed to be (the Steelers). I've always enjoyed interacting with you on my time on here. No need to apologize!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think taking a step back is necessary. I reconsidered what I did to push that situation that far. Perhaps you should do the same, but that doesn't mean you have to step away entirely.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure if you still have me blocked. If you are, of course, you won't see this.

Using the ignore function is fine, but commenting on situations when you can't see the full context makes no sense. Also, taking shots at the person you supposedly have on ignore is not a good look.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    because he got hired into the nfl and learned under bill parcels along with others. Have you?

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You're still not getting it. I'm not talking about the specifics of who he learned from, but how he learned. Try again.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hey

Don’t be disparaging my illustrious career

I was on Romper Room

He was on a lowly radio talk show

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well stated

Particularly regarding the child like poster in question

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Your last two posts clearly demonstrate that you have no business writing that someone else is child like.

Seriously, I tried to take things in a more conciliatory direction and you responded with consecutive insulting posts. At best, that was immature. It certainly doesn't help the discussion. Do better.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And you had the tiny little gonads to call Disco paranoid you weren’t even mentioned

I hear your little feet stomping away

Is there anyone on this board who you haven’t been verbally ***** slapped by

Even the kid gets you on the ropes regularly

Carry on you be you I enjoy it laughing at you and making fun

Go ahead get your last word in

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1