1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who are the 19?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TarheelFlyer, May 5, 2014.

1. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Colbert and Tomlin today identified 19 guys they would be happy to get in this draft at 15. So I have to wonder who are the 19. Here is a start to a list. Who am I missing? Someone here who shouldn't be?

1. Clowney
    2. Mack
    3. Watkins
    4. Evans
    5. Robinson
    6. Matthews
    7. Barr
    8. Martin
    9. Lewan
    10. Clinton-Dix
    11. Pryor
    12. Gilbert
    13. Dennard
    14. Fuller
    15. Donald
    16. Ebron
    17. Fuller

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    My guesses (not saying I agree with all of them):
    Tackles:
    1. Matthews
    2. Robinson
    3. Lewan
    4. Martin

Corner:
    5. Gilbert
    6. Fuller
    7. Dennard

WR:
    8. Watkins
    9. Evans
    10. Beckham
    11. Cooks

OLB/D Line:
    12. Nix
    13. Clowney
    14. Barr
    15. Mack
    16. Hageman

TE:
    17. Ebron

ILB:
    18. Mosely
    19. Shazier

4. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    That is why I want to do this. It allows us to see what are options are in the draft. I think we can reach a consensus at to who we could be looking at if enough people comment and put a list together.

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    btw could be a smoke screen , they are inviting teams to call for the pick since we have more players we like tha can be around 4/5 spot later

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope not! With holes everywhere else and value available, and Troy, Mitchell, and Shamarko, that would be a wasted opportunity. I don't like reaching for need, but we won't need to reach. We can get value at a position we need. Cross the safeties off the list!

I hope not them, either.

I hope the list is something like:

1. Clowney
    2. Mack
    3. Watkins
    4. Evans
    5. Robinson
    6. Matthews
    7. Gilbert
    8. Fuller
    9. Dennard
    10. Lewan

11. Ebron
    12. Mosley
    13. Shazier
    14. Verrett
    15. Barr
    16. Martin
    17. Beckham, Jr.
    18. Lee
    19. Benjamin

To be clear, I would be somewhat disappointed if we took anyone after #9 at #15. But if we traded down a bit then I'd be happy with any of them.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Colbert said there was at least 19 that they'd be happy with at 15. If we're narrowing it down to 19, I imagine the list looks something like (in no particular order):

1. Jadeveon Clowney
    2. Khalil Mack
    3. Greg Robinson
    4. Jake Matthews
    5. Sammy Watkins
    6. Mike Evans
    7. Taylor Lewan
    8. Anthony Barr
    9. CJ Mosley
    10. Zack Martin
    11. Justin Gilbert
    12. Darqueze Dennard
    13. Kyle Fuller
    14. Odell Backham Jr
    15. Eric Ebron
    16. Ryan Shazier
    17. Louis Nix
    18. Calvin Pryor
    19. Aaron Donald (?)
    Honorable mentions: Roby, Clinton-Dix, Lee.

8. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope Benjamin isn't one. I would rather have nix

9. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I have concerns about both players, but I think we'd get more use out of Benjamin. I also think both guys are not worth #15, but won't be there at #46.

10. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This may be the year we see them trade down. Deep draft and their next pick after #46 is #97. I gotta imagine they are seriously thinking about adding an additional 2nd or 3rd round pick depending on who wants to trade up to #15.

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    a lot depends on the rush. you know how it will start to snowball if two corners are taken and teams think they won't get a top guy unless they do it now? or tackles, or LB'ers or big receivers. it happens every year. that's what causes a lot of guys to fall and some to go early. I think any guy in the top 32 could go at 15. filter out the qb's and a couple of other positions I don't think we would take then and the list could narrow out of those 32.:cool:

12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    There are just so many guys worthy of a number one pick this year it is ridiculous. I'm not shocked that there are "at least" 19 guys we would feel comfortable taking in the first. I really hope it ends up being a CB or an ILB like Shazier or Mosley. I like the WR's in round 2 just as much as the round 1 guys. Wild cards are obviously a DE or OLB, and possibly the TE Ebron.

I hope the guy we want is there, because I'm not as keen as others on trading down. At 15 we have the opportunity to get a guy that would go top 10 in most other drafts (especially if there is a run on QB's early). As an organization, we don't often get to pick a guy like that since our bad years turn out to be 8-8 and not 4-12. Obviously if "our guy" is gone then it's a different story, but I'd really hate to see us pass up an opportunity to draft top ten talent just to get another third rounder or something like that.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree. everybody is concerned with that gap from 2nd to 3rd and yes a lot of good players will go then, but this draft is full until the UDFA's are picked and we are sitting pretty in the 1st and 2nd. make it count. the second half of this draft we should clean up. I hope they are on the horn quickly when this one is over because there will still be good talent left. I don't want to draft this high again. 32 will be just fine. :cool:

14. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Those of you who are more into all the pre-draft stuff than I am...Do you really think Clowney is on their list of 19 or since there is NO chance he falls to 15, do they not even include him?

15. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    I don't know what Colbert's list is, but my list would be shorter.

Anthony Barr
    Taylor Lewan
    Justin Gilbert

Eric Ebron
    C.J. Mosley
    Kyle Fuller

16. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    My interpretation, of what he said, was that he had 19 players he felt comfortable taking. He didn't mention anything about 19 guys on who he thought would be available. So yes, I think all the big boys make up part of that #19.

17. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i hope he calls philly to trade 5 spot down .. rumors they want a wr and look to trade up to get it

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Is that who you think will be available or worth taking if they were ever there at 15? If the later, there are a lot more names that I would add to that list.

Check out Peter Kings mock I posted, he thinks we will trade with Philly grabbing their first and second while taking Fuller at 22.

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    Check out Peter Kings mock I posted, he thinks we will trade with Philly grabbing their first and second while taking Fuller at 22.[/QUOTE]

would be awesome :bowdown:

20. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I have seen the Jets and the Eagles as talking about trading up to this spot. If we can get the guy we want and would have taken at 15 a couple of spots later AND get an additional pick in 2 or 3, that would be awesome!!!

21. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    That is who I would want, out of those I think might be available.

It would be pretty hard to make a bad pick in the 1st this year.

I am 100% in favor of trading down to get Fuller and adding another pick.