1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Whiz

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Oct 14, 2020.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Aaron Donald don't do bad. :cool:

2. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    This game has me worried. It’s not the same old Browns. They finally have assembled some talent. They seem to be finding ways to win games instead of ways to blow them. With Garrett having a chip on his shoulder and our banged up Oline, I wish the Steelers would sign the best available pulling guard out there, issue him a running back number, and station him on the left side of the backfield. He could protect Ben and block on sweeps when he wasn’t neutering (I mean neutralizing) Garrett. Something like Rocky Bleier but twice as big. If that repulsive ass sasquatch Garrett gets to Ben, the season could effectively end.

On the other hand, it’s the Browns. If there is a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory, they will surely find it. Don’t disappoint me, boys!

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers are ready for Garrett. Licking their chops. Can Hunt pass block? Maybe he needs to dedicate his attention to giving Baker more time. Browns will look ugly without success running the ball. Game will be a brawl imo. Last year Steelers got punched in the mouth & answered the bell. I expect some fusstration & pouting from the "this isn't the old Browns." They remind me of Marvin's Bungles, can't keep their head in a fight.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hmm....

Fair enough! :drinks:

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I believe this one will prove this rivalry isn't dead, it was just on hiatus.:cool:

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I tend to check this message board when I’m in the bathroom. I figure none of you want to know this, but it’s relevant. Every time I see the title of this OP I take it as a suggestion.

:drinks:

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    LT should be in this conversation.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Do Browns threads have a similar suggestive impact?

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah I'm worried too. My hopes went up seeing Mayfly has a rib injury but knowing our Steelers Keenum will come in and have a great game against us and it will go down to the last minute.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well you have my respect. I'm guessing you don't have a computer in your bathroom so you are on this message board on your iphone. I can't do that, way to small and way to much scrolling going on.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    His wife probably hates the threads about bush. :cool:

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I said coming out in the past 30 years. Not 40. LT was already in the league by that point.

13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I heard a commentator stating something like this yesterday, because if the long period of not winning in Pit that it really is not a rivalry. I would disagree completely, there has always been that history of 'hate' between Pit and Cleveland. When they moved to Baltimore it transferred, but with the new Browns it quickly returned. I think regardless of the records, most every divisions have these type of rivalries and that what makes the NFL unique. the NFC North, east, and our division may have some of the more prolific and hated rivalries, but every division playing 2x a year, often with a team with a losing record causing havoc to another's p/o chances just adds to the fun.

Do you remember the dominance the Steelers had over the Browns at 3 Rivers, Art Modell even bringing dirt from Cleveland's stadium and spreading it around 3 rivers to break the curse, lmao. I know many will only look at wins and losses for a rivalry, but even a team like the Pats who owned the East for years had a difficult time with the often abysmal Dolphins.

• Like Like x 2