1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

While having one eye on the Steelers...

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by WWW, Sep 22, 2014.

1. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    The Pirates are just 2 games away from clinching postseason berth for 2nd consecutive year.
    Great rotation performance lately, If somehow the Cardinals were able to drop 3 or 4, we could win the Division.

2. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pirates have been playing great but I'm pretty sure they will not catch the Cardinals.

3. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    And suddenly, the Buccos are in the Playoffs for 2nd consecutive year, and 1 1/2 games behind STL.
    Still a possibility the Division Championship!

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If the Pirates win tonight they will be one game behind the Cardinals with both teams having 3 yet to play.

There is still hope for a Division title but will be a long shot with STL playing the lousy Arizona team and the Pirates playing Cincinnati.

I will be at the Pirates Cincinnati game on Sunday. Cueto will be going for his 20th win which hasn't happened to a Reds pitcher in a long long time.

Listen for my CUETOOOOOOO, CUETOOOOOOOOO, CUETOOOOOOO as I try and rattle him.

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Lucky you!
    That chant had an effect on him last year, remember?

We can go for a tie, and play a one-game tiebreaker with STL. Looking badly for it to happen. Hope Martin is ok, he's been phenomenal late.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I remember the chant well. That is why I will be holloring it.

If the Pirates and Cardinals tie with the same W-L record. Would they play a tie breaker? Share the Division Title? or concede it to STL due to the regular season record?

I just hope the Pirates win it out right while I am at Great American Smallpark!
    LETS GO BUCS!

7. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    It's a one-game tiebreaker, and STL would host it Sep/29
    http://m.mlb.com/standings/tiebreaker-scenarios

Would be great... I'd go with Cole for that game (or the Wild Card), but think Hurdle will go with Liriano or Volquez.

8. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Well, it was a nice season.

I'd really want Martin back, but seems a long shot.
    Alvarez, if Harrison is back, should be traded for a 1st baseman, or make a run to be our 1st baseman.
    Mercer is not a 2nd bat.
    AND we need to define what happens with Volquez and Worley. Both of them should be back.