1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which would you prefer?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Bush ILB & Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Murphy, Baker, Williams(only one)CB & Wilson/Coney ILB

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Fant TE & Wilson/Coney ILB

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    If these were our choices for the first and second round which one do you like more? I gave multiple options for some at the same position in case that player wasn't one you liked. Example CB in the first some like Murphy and some like Greedy.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Love
    Wilson
    Winovich
    Savage
    Long Jr.
    Jennings:cool:

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Sorry they are not options.......just the ones I listed....

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    why no love/wilson?:cool:

5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Cause I dont feel love is an option at round one when the other 3 are all sitting there, would you take love over the top 3 cause I would not at all. jmo Also I am using our mock and a guide to go by.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

we worked love out. He is one of the best cover corners in this draft. I would be very happy with him at one.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That is cool but IMO I am not taking him ahead of Murphy, Williams or Baker and I have not seen one mock that has Love ahead of them 3 either. :smiley1:

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    SEC bias.:smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

LOL........:thumbs_up:

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

3 of the top 5 ranked on NFL.com are from the SEC. Slow or not. They have moved love above Murphy though. :cool:

11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Don't you curse at me........In case you don't know that's a joke cause Murphy is the guy I want BAD. :thumbs_up:

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Option 2 with it being Murphy/Coney. Coney didn't test at the combine so I was waiting for his pro day and he checks some of the boxes and just barely falls outside on some others. I hear a lot knocking his athleticism but I think he'd be fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I would take that all day....twice on Sunday!:smiley1: I did vote Fant but not unhappy with your option either

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I was watching Loves pro day and, I'll tell ya, the man can change directions with the greatest of ease.

And he ran 4.45 at his pro day. Not too shaby.

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would also go the Murphy/Coney option.

I am still holding out hope that Murphy is the pick. Even with Haden and Nelson starting that's only for this year. So you have a thirty-something Haden and Hilton trying to get paid. Nelson and Murphy going forward after that sounds good to me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

Nice #2 cb.:cool:

17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Unless Tomlin and Colbert buck their historical trends of going to PAC-12 Country together, I am not too certain Byron Murphy gets the call. Among the corners listed, I have great concern that, when it is all said and done, among the corner options, Greedy Williams is the pick assuming he lasts that long. Tomlin, Colbert and Dan Rooney Jr. (Personnel Director) were all on tap at LSU's Pro Day.

Assuming this to be a benchmark for Byron, both Tomlin and Colbert, Butler, Tom Bradley, Terryl Austin and Dan Rooney Jr all would have to show up en masse at Washington's Pro Day. That day is the 1st of April. That being said, among the corners in this class I would love to have, Murphy is second to none. The whole "lack of speed" issue will be resolved by his Pro Day.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I agree with that but the question was which would you prefer, I am curious as to everyone's thinking. :smiley1:

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I'd still like you to add love and Wilson to the list. Terryl Austin worked love out. MT has been singing high praise on austin as a former DC, and former head coaching canidate. (I think could be in line for our next DC job) MT seems to be putting a lot of stock in his say so. We will have to keep a closer eye on this bond.

also Mullen and Justin laynes names keep popping up, as well as oruwariye. I think may be more so as a convert as a cover two safety.

The search also continues with looks at fast linebackers. Not sure we are set in stone at any one guy yet. Stay posted. :cool: