1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which team is gonna go "All In" for Mike Wallace?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by IZONUFOTO, Feb 7, 2012.

1. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm sitting here watching the 4 letter channel and I was reminded of something that leads me to believe that the "Evil Empire Patriots" are gonna go after Mikey....They have the money..they have the need for the deep threat...and worst of all ..they have 2 First round picks and 2 Second round picks. C'mon front office...don't let Wallace even get the chance to get an offer....

2. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    St Louis needs a WR, Chicago needs a WR, Tennessee needs another WR. I'm sure we'll try to sign him, but it's going to depend on how "reasonable" Mike and his agent are. Obviously the FO has some tough decisions and restructuring to do.

3. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I guess my point was that PATS won't mind giving up a 1st rd draft pick since they have 2

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Pats won't give up a 1st round pick for Wallace, that's not the way Bill Belichek operates. He tends to get as many picks as possible, not give them up. They don't have a glaring need at WR anyway. With Welker, Branch and their TE's, they can get by with just average WR's.

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I disagree. Wallace would put them over the top, literally and figuratively. I guarantee he'd give up the #31 pick for Wallace. It's a steal.

6. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope not.Granted,Wallace disappeared in the 2nd. half of the season,I still think we need him.We need to keep our Young Receivers together.JMO

7. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    It never happens. Wallace has problems with drops. You won't see it ever happen unless it's like a Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, type player.

8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Welker is UFA this offseason so they need to re-sign him. I don't see Welker getting out of NE. Plus they have Ochostinko who could become a weapon there. just kidding....

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I don't think anyone is going to make Wallace an offer. This situation happens every year and I'ver seen a case where a young star with upside was given an offer. Teams know that all the other side has to do is match it, and that they probably will, so all their doing is bidding up the price in an auction that they can't win.

11. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I agree. Even if they have to part with their other #1 pick (not sure of the rules governing this, maybe you know), its #27 which is still a steal.

That being said, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to lose Wallace. At this point I think Brown is better.

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think brown is better also amd he is a restricted next year so if signing wallace prevents signing brown i would rather wallace go.

13. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :this!: I live in New England and a bunch of mourning Pats fans and I were talking about the fact that they don't have a burner who can blow the top off the defense. They rely on shorter passes and yards after the catch. If you look at 3 games where the Pats O struggled, Steelers, Ravens (AFC Championship) and then Giants in the Superbowl, they are defenses that tackled well after the receiver caught the ball. I for one, would hate to see Wallace go to the Pats - I think he would make them unstoppable on offense. KEEP HIM IN PITTSBURGH!

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    only way I agree for Wallace to go to NE is a first rounder AND their top o-linemen...

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I stand by what I said, New England will not be making an offer to Wallace. In fact, I doubt anyone will. I guess time will tell, and if I'm wrong, I'll remember this thread.

16. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I really hope your right? I hope we don't lose him.

17. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    How many drops did he have this year?

18. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    One reason Brown is so effective is Wallace is lined up on the other side, often getting double teamed. Take that threat away and Brown gets the double team. I hope we can lock both of them up for the next 4 or 5 years.

19. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:

:this!:

20. steelfan

steelfan Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I totally agree with the concern because the Pats need to start acquiring PLAYERS and stop amassing picks so it makes sense to put Wallace in this category. I'm just not sure Wallace should be resigned for a high dollar amount that he will demand. I'm just saying I'd like to see more production. The Steelers may be in a catch 22 situation.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not having a WR really hurts NE, imagine how much tougher it would be to stop them if defenses had to concern themselves with a burner.

22. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I could possibly see the pats doing it, they have the draft picks and wallace would be more than a perfect fit for them. Tho dont you think the steelers will do everything to keep him? I know haley is coming in so maybe they'll see things differently, but last year wouldn't you say that other than ben (of course) Wallace was the second player that offense was built around over mendenhall. I agree with the poster who said brown gets 1on1's because of Wallace and fortunitly for us brown is a beast, the pair are a perfect fit for a very dynamic offense. Steelers need to find a way to keep them both in the burgh.

23. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I agree, I posted the same thing on Monday on the "Haley is the new OC according to twitter Mort" thread------ i think it is pretty obvious their team needs and our handiCAP

24. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Patriots give us a first plus Ocho. I'd take that :-D

25. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Ocho would cost them another first