1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Steelers free agent signing wil have the biggest impact in 2019?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Mark Barron

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Donte Moncrief

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Steven Nelson

18 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am not sure exactly where he fits but I do know he has ball skills and very very good instincts. I loved what I saw and imo am pretty confident he could work his way into our system. Hard to predict if he will be good or bad but I agree well worth the gamble. :thumbs_up:

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Barron's greatest value is in nickel and other specialty packages. The biggest concern is if the guy can hold up against the run in the base 3-4.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Is he still running that 40 or did he finally finish?:roflmao::smiley1:

I seen so many views of him being moved to the slot in the pros. Makes sense.:cool:

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Nelson. Any good contributions to that defense will have ripple effects. Haden, Nelson and Hilton - that's a good trio imo.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Agreed. This is where we are missing that timmons type player next to him.:cool:

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yep he finished and it wasn't as bad as many think, 4.5 I will take it. Like I said in a different post how many times does a guy run a straight 40 in a game....not many. As for the slot see people saying that but I disagree, when I watch this guy play the outside and react to the WR screen I love it. Sorry our guys have played off the ball way to much and having a guy like Murphy could change that. jmo

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We played the most man? As in more man coverage than any other team in the league? I know we’ve been playing a lot more man, but it would be news to me if it’s the most in the league. Murphy can do both well, but he’s best in zone. Baker is the opposite. He’s sticky as all hell in man coverage.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I didn't research it, I heard it on some Steelers podcast, I'm not sure how accurate it is though.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The Patriots and Broncos are the most man-heavy teams, followed by surprisingly the Steelers, who have traditionally been a zone-heavy team under Mike Tomlin.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1