1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which player will have the better bounce back season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Conner

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. JuJu

28 vote(s)
    96.6%
  1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually, a lot of older players are given Wednesday off. It’s intentionally done to keep them from wearing out. It’s not why the team was out of sync.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree on not betting against Snell. A 1st rounder for JuJu on a one year contract? Whoever wrote those stories had some pretty good weed.

3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    So the older players played basically one half of preseason football, yet were given days off prior to the first two games, so they wouldn't wear out, but that's not why they were out of sync? do tell. Why would they wear down, because they had enough rest during the game, punting on their first four series' against New England. Let's blame it on coaching, but how does a team get in sync, if the starters are sitting out of one of every three practices?

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Or maybe the offense looked out of sync because AB wasn't there, and Moncrief was dropping passes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s not the only reason. Lack of PS hurts as well. I get that other older players get days off too sometimes but no one is more important to the synchronicity of the offense than the QB. They already have Monday and Tuesday off and Friday is a walkthrough as well. Lack of PS has cost us starting the season slow and lack of practice has caused the offense more often than not to come out slow in a lot of games. I don’t know what other excuse you can point to?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    even more reason to play with the new group of receivers. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And what if Ben gets injured in a meaningless PS game, he takes Wednesdays off his arm probably needs the rest.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Which player is more likely to get 1,000 yards, if Conner stays healthy I could see him getting there, JuJu I'm not sure he probably falls short.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If Ben and JuJu are healthy all year, he will reach 1200 yards.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So then why take the chance of him playing in the PS at all? As for Wednesday? He already had Monday and Tuesday off. C’mon he’s throwing the ball what 50 times a game max? More often like 35!attempts , give me a break. I don’t know how MLB pitchers do it? Why get behind the wheel of a car or cross the street? Careful eating sunflower seeds too....If you don’t think his lack of PS leading to slow starts and lack of practice leading to inconsistent performances, Isn’t a big deal I don’t know what to tell you....it’s part of the reason we tie Cleveland and lose to inferior teams costing us playoff berths. Ben is a great QB but he is also maddeningly inconsistent. IMO that’s a reason why....

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I would be skeptical of JuJu getting those numbers, maybe they want to get back to running the ball more, I think after the season Art II said something about them needing to run the ball better. I don't think Ben will be throwing as much as he did in 2018, when he lad the league in passing yards. I also think there are a lot of options in the passing game, Vance, Diontae, JW, Ebron, possible draft pick at WR.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They tied Cleveland because they turned the ball a lot, it had nothing to do with not playing in the PS.

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok keep telling yourself that....

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    A 38 year old QB coming off elbow surgery, and you want him to throw more in the PS?:facepalm: He throws to the WRs all during training camp, playing in some meaningless PS game isn't going to make a big difference.

15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Funny was I talking about this years unique situation? No I wasn’t. I was taking about in the past. Leave it to you to move the goalpost again though :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: Agree to disagree. If you don’t think practice and repetition makes you better you never played sports or competed at anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I voted for JuJu. I think RB will likely be by committee this season. They didn't bring in Derek Watt not to use him. I think Benny Snell will see his share of carries even when Conner is healthy. Add to that the fact that the Steelers will probably draft a RB and I just don't see Conner putting up big numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    In theory that makes sense, keeping Bens attempts down coming off serious surgery, I just don’t have any confidence that Ben will adhere to that. He loves to sling it too much and JuJu will want to prove last year was an aberration.

I think with the emergence of DJ, Washington’s continued development and now Ebron added to the mix, teams won’t commit to just taking JuJu out of the game.

Last season he had 552 yards and 3 TD’s with vastly inferior talent throwing him the ball plus dealing with his own injuries, I don’t see how he doesn’t at least double those numbers with Ben. That would put him only 96 yards short of 1200.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The taking Wednesday’s off is during the regular season. It has nothing to do with preseason.

Again, it’s not why the team is out of sync.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't like Pouncey, never have, but the NFL is not popularity contest. You make a valid point about not only having musical QB's, I wonder about the porous line too......was he trying to get to a spot so fast that he screwed up the snap?

• Like Like x 1