1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which player should be the pick at #49?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Brycen Hopkins TE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Adam Trautman TE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Justin Jefferson WR

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  4. Jonathan Taylor RB

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  5. Denzel Mims WR

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Chase Claypool WR

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  7. Other

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You should also factor in our track record of drafting CBs. It’s not like it’s a anomaly. We are flat out terrible at drafting them. That being the case I would shy away from drafting one especially with limited picks unless you take a flier on a boom or bust prospect later. If we need a CB next year it’s probably our best bet to dip back into the FA pool next year.

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah for sure we swing and miss a lot here with high picks but I have no problem if Johnson is the pick. The way I look at it we have needs at just about every position due to depth and contracts running out, however I feel CB is low on the list. In no order I see our needs at NT, OG, SS, OLB, ILB and C. I also see WR and RB as needs but low level. Positions I don't think we need right now are DE, TE and OT but that don't mean i wouldn't draft one there just need wise it is very low. jmo

For the record I am very concerned at SS, ILB, OLB with RB being a later round need due to Conner being hurt and last year of contract. That is how I see it....lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we have a 5th year option on tj, so he will be back. Bud, we can still work with and still have an option to keep even if it's a quite expensive one with the transition tag. They could sign him too. Probably a lot we don't know in that situation. Haden has gotten dinged up since being here. I'm not saying we need a corner at 49 either but it's an option. As I said, we know little about what will happen past this year but we will be down to 3 corners at the end of this season with nobody in the pipeline. Hilton's money will jump next year for sure. Sure we could look at some udfa types but the track record on those guys with us isn't great. We got very lucky with hilton. It still only gives us 5 for this year. They have looked at 3 so far in the draft. All in the 2-3 range. :cool:

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I do think we can and will be better at coaching corners then in the past because of two coaches for the position. It's become way more of a strength since. :cool:

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I get the 5th year option and yeah we could sign Bud but we can also sign Hilton and Sutton too. You keep saying Haden gets nicked up but yet he played the most snaps last season.....don't make sense.

I am not saying corner isn't an option I have said right off the back it could be and I like Johnson. However it sure isn't as big as many other positions, jmo.

7. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s also no coincidence 3/4 of our starting secondary came via FA.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    We can sign Hilton and Sutton for less than half of what Dupree will cost. I’m not saying we couldn’t use a corner but based on our track record and immediate needs I wouldn’t take one earlier than the 4th preferably our second 4th.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Could could could........they can do a lot of things, lol. There is always options I am just saying need and imo corner is low on that list. With that said I have no problem with Johnson at 49...........of course my list is real large for 49. Cush, Winfield, Anae, Uche, Blacklock, Lewis(og), Weaver and yeah now Johnson are all guys I like so 49 imo is wide open. lol

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Joe Haden and Steven Nelson, Pittsburgh Steelers: Don't let the Steelers' zone-blitz reputation fool you into believing the team's corners aren't capable of locking down opponents on the perimeter. Haden and Nelson (and nickel back Mike Hilton) are versatile corners with the capacity to come up with big plays in man or zone coverage. Each is adept at clueing the quarterback to get quicker reads on throws, and their superb technique enables them to maintain proper leverage on their receivers down the field. Given their individual and collective consistency in coverage and their overall physicality/toughness, it is time for the Steelers' corners to get their props for the solid work they do each week.

11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m not sure how this fits with what I said?

• Like Like x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
  13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    :th thgoodpost:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Dobbins for me. Who all needs rbs next year?

Cheats
    Dolphins
    Jets?

Raisins?

Texans
    Colts?

Broncos

Yeah he will be gone by #49.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Okay JK Dobbins PR firm :lolol:

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You also mentioned Cole McDonald :roflmao:

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Broncos don't need a RB, they have Lindsay, and they signed Melvin Gordon in free agency.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
  19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Speaking of Lindsey. I read a article proposing a trade with Denver. That would be something they should definitely explore. Denver has too many RBs. I would offer a 4th preferably the late one.

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    You can also say RB was a bigger need at the time as well. I can list a ton of successful RBs after the 2nd round as well...just sayin ;)

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m definitely not against RB at all just not at 49...jmo Akers would certainly be great value there.

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    RB is a major need imo. The most major need as I don't see Conner making it through a season.
    Bell was one of our best picks in recent history. Look what Franco did for our Steelers. :hehehe:

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Elway said after they signed Gordon they wanted a 1-2 punch at RB though.

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    They also have Royce Freeman