1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which One Hurts More?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I am curious to know from other Steelers fans, from the 6 losses that the Steelers suffered this season, which one of the 6 losses do y'all think was the real dagger to the heart that hurt the Steelers? Or do y'all think having a tie with the Browns in the 1st game of this season is what set the tone of an inconsistent 2018 season. For me, this is a tough one. Looking at all the team's the Steelers lost to this season, including that tie game with the Browns, I think the Raiders loss is the game that had a lot of people hitting the panic button. Losing to the Broncos was bad. And the way Pittsburgh loss to the Chargers was bad also. But if the Steelers had beaten the Raiders, then the Steelers would not have needed to beat the Patriots and Saints back to back. If everything played out the same way in the last 4 week's in the NFL, with the Steelers beating the Raiders, the Steelers would have been 3-1 in their last 4 games. And the AFC North Champions, with a wildcard playoff home game. But tell me what y'all think.

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    the tie and the chargers loss to me were the worst. we have never been good in Oakland. the chargers at home with the lead we had. had to close that out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    All of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The loss in New Orleans was the worst for me because it was their last chance to control their own fate. Just like the others, it was one they should have won. The Chargers game was up there, too, because not only should they have won, but it also should have been a blowout.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'd say the only loss that didn't hurt was the chiefs loss.. All the other ones sucked tho

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Chargers at home for me. Team looked complacent in the 2nd half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Opening the season with a tie vs the Browns helped me to keep my expectations down, which weren't very high to begin with because there were no 'real' positive changes in the off season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Oakland. Not even close.

That constitutes as an entire team failure. For that matter, that one game could potentially sum up the 2018 Steelers as a whole depending on how one views how that game played out. Completely unacceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The first Ravens game. They battled in that game finding their stride having success on several plays and then mysteriously they came back in the second half and used none of them. I can understand the Ravens shutting guys down and making adjustments however that game they just never went back to the plays that worked. It was the beginning of team wide break downs in play

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Anything other than a win is unacceptable.

11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The Raiders game. No reason for it. To me, it was Tomlin's worst moment as the Steelers coach. His refusal to put Ben back in right away after he was cleared to play is inexcusable. There was the bad officiating in the Chargers game, no excuse, but didn't help. The two fumbles in the Denver game. The turnovers in the Saints game. Those things Tomlin had no control over, but his refusal to put Ben in the Oakland game was all on him, and I think it ultimately cost them the game and a playoff berth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Raiders game

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ravens and browns tie. The losses to chargers, broncos and raiders fueled them to beat the patsies finally

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    For me it was the Chargers game, with a big lead and watching the mismatch of linebackers trying to cover their best receiver the whole game until the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Broncos game. Win that and keep the momentum. Maybe the next week is a different outcome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That three game skid was horrible. But the loss to Oakland was definitely a dagger.

They really should have continued the win streak all the way into the playoffs. All of those games were winnable.

The offense seemed to lose a lot of gas as the season wound down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    New Orleans.

• Agree Agree x 1