1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is the first Steelers Game That Will Nationally Televised...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Or at least on in the South Jersey/Philly area? I've just been watching highlights on NFL Red Zone and following on the yahoo app. I suppose I could find a feed but the quality sucks and I don't have NFL Sunday ticket or anything like that.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    October 29th.. Steelers at Lions on NBC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We're going into the Lions den/stadium hope we get the W. Go Steelers

4. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Since the Eagles are home and have a 1:00 game, I think that CBS probably won't have a double header again, IIRC the broadcasting rules.
    I can say with pretty good certainty that week 4 vs Baltimore will be the televised game in the Philly/South Jersey area.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    As Heinz said, October 29 will be the next national game.

Weeks 4 and 6, Baltimore and KC should have pretty wide coverage.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If the steelers and ravens are both 3-0 in week 4 their game could be close to national coverage and might even get flexed since the colts and seahawks are slotted for oct 1 SNF two struggling teams nobody wants to see .......

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  7. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Do they schedule-flex that early in the season? I thought it was only after Week 10.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Ravens game won't be flexed. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Here's the only one that matters:

NBC - February 4, 2018; 5:18pm CST
    SB LII
    US Bank Stadium
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

Steelers not appearing in this game will render all preceding games meaningless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    The Vikings game was nationally televised

11. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Which basically means "The win against (insert team here) means nothing if..."

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Too early to flex our game, only two games can be flexed between week 5 and week 17, so you was half right, and I was totally wrong::facepalm:

Flexible Scheduling
    Allows teams to play their way onto the Sunday night schedule

In 2006 the NFL implemented a primetime "flexible scheduling" element on Sundays in Weeks 10-15 and in Week 17. In 2014 that was extended so that games between Weeks 5 and 17 could be affected by flex scheduling. However, only two games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Week 5 and 10.

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime. The NBC Sunday night time slot for "flex" weeks lists the game tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.

Only Sunday afternoon games are eligible to be moved to Sunday night, in which case the tentatively scheduled Sunday night game will be moved to an afternoon start time. Flexible scheduling will not be applied to games airing on Thursday, Saturday or Monday nights.

Just as the six major college football conferences have done for many years, the NFL has the flexibility to move the start times of games on Sundays, using a 12-day notice format.

For example, a game scheduled for a Sunday could move from a 1:00 p.m. ET kickoff to an 8:15 p.m. start, but the change would be made and announced no later than the prior Tuesday, 12 days prior. Sunday afternoon games, as in the past, can still be moved between 1:00 and 4:05 or 4:25 p.m. ET.

In Week 17, in order to ensure a Sunday night game with playoff implications, the decision to move the start time may be made on six days notice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I was trying to change it up a bit, you know, like the secret to a good marriage. ;)

14. stompin69

stompin69 Member

Aug 30, 2017
    I finally gave in and switched to directv. It is a game changer, every play of every game as many times as you want!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I live in South Jersey too. Have been very fortunate over the years to see a lot of Steeler games on TV here. This year not so good so far. You do know that you can listen to the game for free at Steelers.com. I use to go to the bars that have all the games but got tired of sitting there for 3 plus hours and having to watch with fans of so many different teams.