1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which game would you go to?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pjgruden, Jun 1, 2017.

1. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    So, I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. My father and I generally go see one game a year. We've been doing this for close to ten years now I think.
    We usually like to flop between seeing a home or away game. Since we live outside Philly we have to travel regardless.
    Anyway, we are stuck this year between going to a home game (probably 10/8 vs Jags or 10/22 vs Bengals (who we've seen a few times, including at Paul Brown Stadium)), or the Colts game on 11/12. Neither of us have ever been to a domed stadium before, so that does hold a bit of allure as something we haven't experienced before. But we're not really sure if there's anything else worth doing in Indianapolis while we're there. If we go to a home game, we have family we can visit and know the city well enough and have things to do.

So, I pose the question to you folks. If you could go to any of the games I mentioned, which would you choose?

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've seen my fair share of games in domes, but prefer open air stadiums. At least for me there's no big allure to Indianapolis. I would opt for a home game and some time spent with family.

3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Tough call. Best away games this year would be Bears or Chiefs imo. Indy is nice but not worth the travel imo. Early in the year if the sun is out and you are in it you will be baking. Jags game might be cutting it close. If that isn't an issue I'd probably choose the Jags game because like you I've seen the Bengals a bunch. Also, that game is between the Ravens and then Chiefs/Bengals so you like to think that one is a must win.

4. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    That was kind of our thinking behind the Jags game too.
    We'd love to go to KC as I've always wanted to see a game in Arrowhead, but it's just not really an easy drivable distance. And I don't want the expense of plane tickets

5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, the Jags game looks about the best unless you want to see the Bengals again.

6. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I live in Kansas City and Chiefs fans are pretty decent, unless you’re just a complete stupid A-hole. Our Steelers Fan Club in KC usually has a group of 200-300 people that go to the game along with tailgating. I have done that and I have gone with just a few people if I get random tickets. That usually means I am sitting among Chiefs fans, but I usually talk to the people sitting around me. I haven’t had a really bad experience yet, but know a few that have, just have to be smart about it. That said, it isn’t like going to an Eagles game. If you do go, my advice would be to sit in the lower bowl. There are usually fewer yahoos sitting in the lower sections.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If it were me, home against Jags.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A home game. Have fun with Steeler fans.

9. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Home game. Jags or Bengals. Even though you have seen the Bengals before, there is nothing like a division game.