1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's the coaching

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by OBrown, Jan 23, 2017.

1. OBrown

OBrown New Member

Jan 23, 2017
    we got the players and the new kids Davis, Burns and Hartsgrove. Hey I like there play but halftime coaching adjustments where absent and I'm saying in nicely. For one zone defense doesn't work PERIOD. I hate it. I can tolerate gettting beat I can't tolerate a teams 4th WR scoring with a defender not even in the picture. Losing I can take but that game yesterday was despicable, words can't describe my frustration. I live in New England and now have to defend a loss that there is no defending Can someone in the Pittsburgh coaching staff explain why the "D" looked so incapable because I will no subject myself to that experience ever. The team and talent we got far exceeds the display yesterday

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The secondary needs a lot of work. Mitchell seems to always bite on anything. Gay is old and I can't imagine Burns trying to jam at the line.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm worried about Burns, I didn't see any good technique vs. KC.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    It is just a colossal team failure.

There is not one part that supercedes the other in terms of performance.

Fundementals and execution were way off.

Coaching, for the first time this season, was truly more so conservative than combative.

Complete failure is the result.

5. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As hard as it was I rewatched the game with an open mind and rewind areas where I needed a second look. What i witnessed was a team that was so off cue it's rediculous. Spotting receivers 10 yard cushions, missed tackles, confusion as to who was suppose to cover who alot of undeciplined football. With all the hipe and drama leading up to this game seems there should have been more intensity and there wasn't at least not for the Steelers. The Pats were possessed about whooping us and we did not match that. Tomlin looked like a sad beating man with no fire or facial expression. Game over

• Agree Agree x 1