1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

where is weidl and omar in all of this

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Nov 20, 2023.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    do they run the team? weren't they hired to fix this? i knew colbert shouldn't have had the draft under his thumb. does anyone think it would have gone differently if omar and weidl drafted? are they saying anything to art2? colbert is still hanging around. will art2 let them do their job? :cool:

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Did you really expect instant results? Weidl tosses some fairy dust in the air while Kahn waves his magic wand and abracadabra everything is magically fixed

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Man, you gotta give them some time... Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Khan and Weidl look like they have delivered an excellent draft, early results are very good with Jones, JPJ and Benton, all of whom play premium positions. Long way to go of course. Washington is also showing some promise, he was a project and is starting to contribute.

Im not sure what more the front office could realistically be expected to do? They had to play this season out with Kenny. It’s not working so far this season and Kenny is really struggling, it’s not like they can sign a starting calibre QB off the street at this point in the season however

The upcoming offseason will tell a lot, I expect they’ll shake up the QB room somehow.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Omar is a Tomlin yesman ! Steelers won’t be relavent again as long as mediocre Mike is in charge

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    No chance they might bring in some QBs but no way Pickett is sitting they will never move off a mistake infill it is impossible to ignore that’s the Steelers way !!!

7. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Khan & Weidl didn’t pick Kenny, if he doesn’t improve between now and the end of the season I’m not sure they have a choice, they’ll have to act.

If the Bears have the #1 or even the #2 pick they’ll likely move on from Fields, I’d be calling Chicago to see what they want for him. He still has some time left on his rookie deal and I think he improves the Steelers offence dramatically, especially if you bring in an OC who knows what they are doing.

8. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    I’m good with that but Tomlin is the problem he’s terrible

9. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018

10. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Tomlin refuses to play the best players and that’s a problem he had a better punter , Warren is way better ? I could go on but he’s the king personally I can’t see who would want Tomlin unless your team was so bad and you needed to be 500 otherwise he’s terrible

11. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Colbert and Tomlin should thank their lucky stars that Ben was HOF otherwise they would be screwed

12. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m not a Tomlin defender by any means but they really haven’t had the roster to compete at the business end of the season since about 2017/18.

The current roster is still a work in progress and is hamstrung by poor QB play and a poor OC.

I don’t know who is responsible for the underwhelming coaching appointments in recent years but I see that as one of the biggest issues. Tomlin is not going anywhere so the best we can hope for is a better standard of coaching appointments in the future

13. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018

14. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    It’s been a work in progress for 10 years Tomlin can not compete with out HOF QB hardly anyone can. He’s been playing with roster for years there is zero accountability within the Steelers organization and that’s the problem just fake word puzzles for us to guess what he’s doing which is nothing

15. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    It’s hamstrung by Mike Tomlin and his crappy horrible decisions that he will never admit he was wrong he’s the problem here he will never move on from horrible decisions because he thinks everyone is stupid. He’s average Mile thsts it

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Same.

I actually suggested this very same scenario in another thread. My reasoning though was draft related in the sense that, sans Drake Maye or Caleb Williams, there really isn't a quick fix option in the 2024 QB Class. I do agree with many that this upcoming class is Light years ahead of the previous two. However, even with a new OC, unless the new OC is some form of trailblazer, not too many other options available to consider other than those two.

Here is one more thing as well. This was years ago of course but Tomlin did like Fields coming out. He also liked Minkah as well; so much so he traded for him. Could the same happen again?! Time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Didn’t see that and promise I’m not borrowing your theory I like Fields, he is erratic and injury prone but a hell of a playmaker when he is going well.

The scenario is not that outlandish, the Bears are getting a high pick, a 2024 second and a 2025 third might get it done.

• Like Like x 1
  18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Blah blah blah keep buying your season tickets to watch these clowns

20. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    It’s not healthy to live in denial and keep your frustration inside man

21. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This made me think of Belicheat. Before and after Brady, this guy is... a joke. A gag. A punchline. Brady winning with Tampa, the next year, was a swift, yet accurate, kick to the beanbag.

He's nothing without Brady.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Right on man I know this is Steelers chat but time to demand change here !!!!

23. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    The media won’t do it they are to scared the only guy speaks the truth is Madden

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The same Madden that lied about TJ Watt skipping his exit interview :facepalm:.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hell no...we already took a failed Chicago pick, and You want another failed Chicago Qb???

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1