1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

where are we

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Agreed...This was the year imo to " steal " one...I am honestly not impressed with any playoff team...In years past you watch and say omg this team, or that team..." Man they look tough "...Not this year...

But I am getting really tired of the shoulda, woulda, coulda year after year...After awhile it just plain becomes " We're just not good enough "

2. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Closed and locked

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not even close.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Right I forgot closed, locked and boarded up!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We’ll do what we always do. We’ll build a team to compete for a championship next season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    but we wont be very happy about it.:smiley1::cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Of course not. There’s a difference between having high expectations and being a spoiled little baby.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think its more the spoiled expectations. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Some would say, soiled expectations...

• Like Like x 2
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think you’re right!

11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't think anyone would pay him $9+ million next year or any year. I could see 4-6 million at the most desperate bidder.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks my friend. I still believe and always will in the Steelers. We can do better and we must!!!!!

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Not talking about now. Talking about 2019-2029. Only time will tell. Bradshaw - tough times - Ben - ???????

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Predicting the next decade? lol

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    No, What I meant is that we may have to bride another team to take him off our hands with one of our draft picks or trade. i don't think he's worth getting much from another team based on what he's done so far.

16. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    2019 will be a mess similar to the last several seasons and it won't get better until the clueless owner fires the inept head coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    1. O-Line: ramon is a free agent and getting up there. gilbert injury prone and now getting up there. finney is a free agent. feiler is a FA i believe. we have okrafor and an oft injured hawkins. banner re-signed. many young guys waiting in the wings. a coach that is not new but on his own now. one of the best coaches in the nfl now gone. With Munchak gone, I would do everything I could to keep the O-line together. It might be time to part ways with Marcus Gilbert, but re-signing Ramon Foster is a must. Keeping Feiler and Finney are also musts.

2. TE: two of our three are free agents. james and grimble. mcdonald and some young guys here. I think we are set here with Vance, Jesse and Grimble. Unless somebody throws money at James or Grimble, which I doubt, I would bring them all back.

3. RB: two guys here in samuels and conner. RB coach gone. a new RB coach without nfl experience in. munchak a coach that helped with the run game gone as well. Don't forget about Bell. It wouldn't shock me at all if the Steelers make a run at Bell. I keep hearing talk about the transition tag. There is no compensation for the transition tag. The only reason to use that tag is if you have a desire to sign that player, which leads me to believe the Steelers are considering this.:facepalm: I hope it doesn't happen. Personally I would stick with Conner and Samuels and then sign a solid veteran backup to take Ridley's spot.

4. FB: nix here. fairly stable for now. No change

5. QB: seems stable for now. No change. Rudolph and Dobbs battle for the number 2 spot.

6. WR: hunter,DHB are free agents. AB a mess and probably gone. eli, washington, juju, switzer here. Time to cut ties with Hunter and DHB. While DHB gets some special teams consideration, I fail to see how he continues to eat up a roster spot. Hunter is worthless. I am going to assume AB is gone. I am not sold at all on James Washington. I would bring in a mid level veteran wide receiver to compete with James Washington, for the starting spot opposite JuJu. If JW grabs the spot in camp, great! If he doesnt, then at least we are prepared. Switzer seems to have the slot spot locked down. JuJu will be an excellent first option as long as we have a competent receiver on the other side. Eli is a terrific option as a 4th wide out. If we can add a legit #2 guy opposite JuJu we can have a great unit even without AB.

7. kicker: on IR and is a mess. new guy with out much leg here. Sign yourself a great free agent punter, who also has history as a holder. See if that makes a difference in Boswell's game. It has been forever since we have had a decent punter. If you can find one who is also a solid holder, you might be able to kill two birds with one stone. Either way the Steelers need to bring in another leg to compete with Bos in camp. Make it a legit competition, and may the best man win.

1. D-Line: the main 3 are here. tuitt is oft hurt. 3 backups are free agents. I think we are set here.

2. OLB: coach is gone. chickillo a free agent. two young players may be given a shot. dupree back for one year. As long as no one overpays Chickillo in FA I would bring him back. He is solid depth. This is a position that should be addressed early in the draft. Personally, I think it is time to part ways with Dupree. He is what he is. At this point in his career I do not see much improvement on the horizon. I think in year two, Ola can offer you similar play with much more upside. If we use an early pick on the position we can make a significant improvement in talent, while maintaining depth.

3. ILB: fort a free agent. bostic and vince here. matakevich here. kelsey still here. tegrey scales brought in to compete. Bring back Fort. I would use our first round pick here as long as there is a player available that warrants it. Steelers desperately need an upgrade at this position. If you end up with Williams, Bostic, Fort, and a 1st round pick, you can let camp play out, and put the best two on the field. Keep all 4, and now you have solid depth at the position.

4. S: two starters. burnett here often injured. dangerfield re-signed. allen here. some young guys in the wings. new coach strategy. Release Burnett immediately. He wants out. **** him! Davis and Edmunds will be starters. Dangerfield is solid depth. As a PSU guy, I can tell you I wasn't sold on Allen when we drafted him. Use an early to mid round pick on the position. I believe Edmunds will make a big jump next season.

5. CB: haden here for a year and costing alot and getting up there in age. burns is a mess. sensabaugh a FA. sutton and allen here. a few young guys in the wings. new coaching strategy with an additional coach. Sensabaugh can either go or stay. If he can be had cheap enough, I am not opposed to him staying. Draft a 1st round corner if there is no ILB you like available at 20. Either way the CB position needs addressed with either the 1st or 2nd pick. Sutton and Hilton are what they are and provide depth. I am all for giving Burns one last chance to redeem himself, however the leash should be short. Time to part ways with Brian Allen. He had his chance to develop. He didn't. Lets give someone else a spot that might.

6. P: berry here. inconsistent. smith still here. Bring in the best FA punter available. Overpay the position if you need to. I am tired of having a ****ty punter on this team. The difference in field position a decent punter will make could be HUGE. It is long overdue that we address this obvious weak spot on our team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    first moves i'd like to see made would be to:

D-Line: 3 starters are here. draft one later. (ryan bee from marshall), bring hooks up again money is minimal. bring in frostee rucker as a FA for very reasonable salary for a year or two. still makes plays at his age. 37 tackles last year.

OLB: draft ( brian burns FSU #1) Ola and adams backups.

ILB: go get deone bucannon as a FA. shouldn't break the bank. bring back fort. get rid of dirty red and bostic < would get rid of vince too but won't happen. draft (germain pratt NC State RD. 3. tegray scales here as well, see where he is.

DB's: draft nasir adderley 2nd RD. cut burns. get rid of burnett. allen, sutton, haden, sign hilton. davis, edwards, allen, dangerfield. herb waters is a futures pickup so see where he is.

O-line: cut gilbert. sign finney and feiler. we have some depth here not to worried about this spot. foster if he doesn't want a lot.

QB: fine here.

RB: good shape. add a couple of UDFA in camp.

WR: AB. we see what happens. draft (emanuel hall missouri RD.4) big deep threat. juju, washington, eli, switzer.

TE: mcdonald. bring back grimble. sign jesse if not too much. draft ( donald parham 7th RD. stetson) see if grimble can take the #2 spot if unable to sign jesse. :cool:

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I think I'm off the athletic freak train. Find football players. Tomlin has this formula for drafting players in terms of athletic measurable's. Just watch film, trust the film, find the football players.

They do it on the offensive side but on defense, they go away from it.

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Why would anyone want to get rid of Haden?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I know...Just messin with ya