1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where’s our 2023 excitement room at?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brandon556211, Feb 15, 2023.

1. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    I am very optimistic about next season! We're going to be in the hunt! (Q the moaning, "Tomlin....blah, blah, blah....Canada....blah, blah, blah....the standard....blah, blah, blah....mediocrity...blah, blah, blah....)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The hunt is (to me) the expected word. I have mentioned the number of close games we were involved in, and that number is pretty consistent with recent former years, and NFL in general. Some years you win a lot of those, in other years we came up short..that is how close the NFL is, but when you are building you have to start with the trenches, get, discover, and get attention for your identity. I think this is something we have truly missed the last couple of years. It is like our homefield advantage disappeared. You start by owning your homefield, then learning to, and expecting to win. There are still a lot of questions, and those will be answered as the season progresses. i do not feel like the old school smash mouth football some want will actually work in today's NFL, but you do need a tough mental identity and fortitude to accomplish your goals. Still a couple of holes to fill, and those are going to be huge, but I really like how Kahn and company are building this team.

• Agree Agree x 3