1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your "dream" mock?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by SteelByDesign, Feb 24, 2012.

1. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    So I personally base all my mocks around what I think is going to happen... What would you guys be just ecstatic about?? You don't need a whole mock or whatever but just who you really would be excited about (try to keep it reasonable as far as where they get picked).

Here's mine...
    1. Luke Kuechley - ILB(would have to take a slide)
    2. Kevin Zeitler - OG
    3. LaMichael James - RB (drawing comparisons to Haley's former RB Jamaal Charles)
    4. Nate Potter - OT (I want a pass protector with quick feet, got plenty of road graders)
    5. Ladarius Green - TE (RED ZONEEEEEE)
    6. Blair Walsh - K
    7. Chad Diehl - FB

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Interesting...no NT or anything? I'd insert a NT in the 3rd and it might be pretty good draft...but I dunno.

3. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I know a lot of people disagree with me but I don't see NT as a huge need yet, especially with Colbert saying Casey will definitely be back. I like McClendon, and think they will rotate for a season.

If Poe is the BPA then I'd have no problem grabbing him, but I'd be happy with this draft.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I forgot to ask...by drafting James in the 3rd...what RBs would you see making the roster (and why)?!?!

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    1. kendall wright wr. baylor
    2. markelle martin fs. okla st.
    3. lamichael james rb. ore.
    4. nate potter ot. boise st.
    5. jerry franklin ilb ark.
    6. asa jackson cb. cal poly
    7. ryan van bergen de. mich.

udfa: eddie brown tex a&m DT.
    brandon bullock marshall DT. both NT's

wayne tribue temple OG.
    david snow tex. C/G
    al netter nw. OG/OT
    joel foreman mich st. OG
    jon troutman psu OG
    will blackwell LSU OG

there are a whole list of good guards still out there after this draft. :good: :cool:

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Any RB we add in the offseason would have to be one we're okay parting with after Mendenhall returns to active duty, whether that's week 1, week 7, or week 12. I wouldn't draft one. I'd rather get a fullback. No WAY should we draft a RB and a FB. True, Mendenhall might not be back for 2013, but that's a bridge we can cross when we come to it. We don't need one to grow in the system. Too many other needs, especially in the 3rd round...

This is a good idea. I'll post mine closer to the draft, when I do my mock for your contest.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    even if mendy can come back to form, i wouldn't mind james. he's a threat every time he touches the ball. we need to get alot more athletic all over the team. speed kills. i think a fb could very well be added as an udfa. james was just so productive in college. better us have him then us chasing him around. i think the same way with wright. my goodness the weapons and speed everywhere on the field. a very good prblem to have. not to mention down the road alot of guys to be able to deal for some good picks. i could see 4 wide with wright,wallace,brown,sanders and james out of the backfield. yikers!!!! :cool:

8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    if you want a true dream mock:
    1st- DeCastro, G
    2nd- Poe, NG
    3rd- Burflict, ILB (seen him mocked to us in the third. He's going to fall, but how far?)
    4th- Senio Kelemente, g
    5th-7th- I really don't care after those 4

And I've seen those people mocked to the Steelers in various places. Not all at once, but I have seen them in those positions.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

I think by "Dream Mock" he meant a dream that is actually possible. Not like say getting DeCastro in the 5th or something like that, haha...that would be Fantasy. I see this as more Fantasy than Dream/Possibility .

10. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I start with Mendenhall on PUP obviously. I start the season with Reman, James, Clay, and Batch.

I like Dwyer and Clay but I think they're similar backs and I'm not sure if I see value in having them both. I went with Clay just because I think he's hungrier and Dwyer has a history of getting out of shape but go with whoever looks better in camp.

Same goes with Mewlede vs. Batch. With so much youth at RB I might prefer Mewelde but let them fight it out in camp.

If/when Mendenhall comes back we'd be what in like week 6 by then? We'll see how it plays out. My preference would be to make Clay the odd man out. Maybe we only carry 2 tight ends since Saunders is suspended (Heath + rookie or D.Johnson).

11. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    To argue, as I've said, I only took people at positions I have seen them mocked to us, but I admit the chances of any of them being there when we draft as slim to none. Well, maybe Kelemente in the 4th.

For real:
    1st- Hightower- ILB
    2nd- Zietler- G
    3rd- Ta'amu- NT
    4th- Kelemente- G/T
    5th- Devier Posey- WR
    6th- Bolden- CB
    7th- Harnish- QB
    7b and 7c kicker and fullback

12. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Posey, but I think he goes in the 7th round at best. He looked terrible at the senior bowl.