1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong with Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pellynch14, Sep 25, 2016.

1. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Okay like Aaron Rodgers Ben is not throwing the ball like he has. Other than the first game he has now played bad IMO in two straight games. Last week he had the weather to blame it on but today he just sucks. He has missed several throws that we are use to seeing him make.

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben is mirroring Eli Manning in his regression. Not sure why.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    You guys need to understand that he is a 35 year old QB who has took twice the hits Brady has. He is aging. He has reached his ceiling.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ben is not the problem.

He might not be having his best week...but all the haters will be hanging off his jock again before Halloween.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ben is way off his game today. He's not seeing things correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    I don't see anyone here "hating" ben but expectations need to be tapered.

7. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    I disagree.....Ben is still the best in the game...no one was tapering expectations a week ago...he has had these games every year since he has been in the league....they might have been able to overcome it today...if the defense could of even slowed down the Eagles O

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I think defenses have adjusted to our offense. We need to make changes. Our play calling is arrogant. Two games in a row our offense looks bad.

Hopefully this lights a fire under their butts and gets them focused on getting better.

9. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    You disagree Ben is 35? that's pretty much all I said. I never said he wasn't performing well.Yes He's performing at a high level but age is not on his side. And Yes the team and coaching needs to be better FOR him

10. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    No...I disagree he is slowing down...Its a passing league..he has played the best football of his life just 1 year ago.

I was not calling you out PD....I just think the rumors of Bens demise are premature.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Ben issues are more so mirroring what Aaron Rodgers has been going through for the first two weeks than Eli Manning's.

Ben does not have much help outside of Jesse James and Antonio Brown. As a result.. he is attempting to carry this team all by himself considering he is essentially acting as both the offense and the defense. This leads to over aggressive play.. and it showed today.

Ben is fine. His team needs to support him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

I would still rather watch Ben on a bad day than LOLandry on a good one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    For the amount of hits he has taken in his career (Hack I've been reading your posts since forever) and we've both watched Ben his entire career. A couple years ago I envisioned him by now retired from sustaining serious injury. I did not envision him slinging the ball around like a normal elite QB believe me I think it's impressive but I'm not going to pretend however that age sometimes doesn't catch up. This may be his last season. Maybe next season is his last. It's coming though.

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Wheaton did Ben absolutely no favors today. Rodgers fell on the in route and then was gone the rest of the game. Coates was average

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He's not getting it on in bk bathrooms anymore? He's not head butting fast moving cars? Idk I give up.

Ben is fine!!! Every QB on every team, every game misses throws. It's when the throws are money and kids are dropping the damn ball, it's all couple and make for tough sledding. Also when your D can't stop a nose bleed it really starts the spiral. Ben's good he'll be alright, bad ugly game it happens... Hopefully it's now out of their system

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Coates is averaging 38 yards a catch, DWill was leading the league in rushing after 2 games.

17. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm hoping for one word galvanize

18. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    vp.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Fair enough.. outside of those four.. not much else. In addition.. he is still playing two sides of a football game.

20. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I give the a lot of credit for the way they prepared for this game. The Steelers on the other hand seem like just blew the Eagles off just did not prepare for this game. I hope this team gets rid of the brain farts and starts preparing for every game.

21. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Ben hasn't worn a jock since Midgeville.

22. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben would have overthrown that tall guy yesterday

23. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Thank you! Dude has a bad game, and people want to bury him. It's week 3, and people were on his ba$&@ the last two weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There have been just too many hits in his career, the body breaks down. Like I have said for years
    his time of playing top notch football is coming to an end. I hope the Steelers (If the QB that we like) is available
    next draft, it is time.

25. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012