1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the next game you are dreading on the schedule?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    After the bye should be a win against the Colts
    Tennessee at home should be winnable
    An Aaron Rodgers-less Packers team at home should be winnable
    At Cincinnati if we play them like last game should be a win
    Baltimore at home should be winnable

These are the two back to back games I'm worried about
    Pats and the Texans with how they are playing latley

Then the gift regular season finisher home against the Browns
    but of course in typical Steelers fashion, it will not play out this way.

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Titans. This is a typical Tomlin egg-lay game... like Bears and Jags. Plus, it's an 8:25pm game and I have to work the next day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The next five are games the Steelers should win, so of course, they will all be nail-biters and they will probably lose at least two of them.

Of course, the real test will be the Patriots and Texans back-to-back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The Texans lost yesterday, but they lit up the scoreboard against a decent Seattle defense on the road.

I could see Watson torching the hell out of the Steelers D. Plus, the game is at Houston. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, I think this game is going to be ugly. I fully expect the Texans to put up 40+ points. The Steelers always seem to do fairly poor with athletic QBs. That will be a game the offense will have to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I see another 6-2 for the second half of the season. 12-4 overall, that is what I projected at the start of the season, don't see any reason to change now.

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We should have this division wrapped up by Xmas day when we play the texans so this probably wont be a must win situation for us but they will need a win based on their sorry record so far....

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    2 losses will be pats and Texans, we can beat the rest.

expect pats/Texans to move our defense out of the top spot, then we move back in at the end lol.

9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Probably the Titans game. The Steelers should be able to take them without too much trouble, but I'm afraid they'll under prepare for them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The bye week. I don’t see any chance of us winning.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    ... or losing. :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Colts.

That game scares me. It's not an uneasy, what-Steeler-team-shows-up feeling. It's a trap game feeling with loss of focus, a loss and an injury.

This team has overcome so much drama. If the bye week is quiet and we go into that game feeling good about ourselves, I just think there's going to be a let down or something that hurts us moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    The Steelers are great in the second half of the season, particularly in December. The fans of every other team on our schedule should be afraid of when they have to play the Steelers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Colts, only because I'm traveling with the wife as a road game trip/ get away. 6 hour trip for us of driving from here in PA. I'm afraid of them not showing up against an inferior team. Which fact is fact we sometimes struggle against teams we should beat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Well except for that season Tomlin's team was to unleash hell....before losing to Cleveland.

As for the question, I'd be less worried if they were facing elite teams instead of average ( Titans, Packers, Colts) ones. It's dumb to say but this team looks flat against dregs.

16. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I say Colts too. This is the type of team the Steelers seem to lose to way too often.

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    let's hope colts win before they play us

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Suddenly you are the optimist? :huh:

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I fear the first pre-season game in 2018 knowing BB played his last. But just prior to that - Steelers run the table and get #7. :dancing::drinks::rawk:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This schedule really sets up well the last 8 games of the season. The Steelers only play 2 games in the next 29 days and aside from going to Houston on Christmas their only road trips left are to Indy who stinks and is very close and to Cincinnati who is close and who we have owned in their stadium. The 1 seed is right there for the taking more then ever this season. The Steelers MUST take advantage of this.

21. swann_88

swann_88 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I dread every game until its over
    no matter what anybody says there are no easy, injury free games in the NFL

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    5 out of the final 7 are at Heinz Field , Steelers need to take advantage of that big time.

I see a repeat of what the did the first half of the season 6-2, which will leave them at 12-4.

23. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    To think the heart palpitations only get worse during the playoffs.

24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    All games give me as a fan the butterflies and that's what makes em great. Some are more magnified than others due to match ups, expected trouncings, tough opponent ideals etc... But really, every upcoming game in its own way is more important than the last on the seasons ladder. They win and keep winning and there is no need to get wrapped up in the division stats or who needs to do what or beat who to help the road ahead of them. They can only control who they line up against every week and let the rest of the league figure theirselves out. Next game up is the Colts. Should be very winnable, but they still have to go out and win it. It's a very important game... in fact it's more important than the pats or Texans because it's next on the schedule. Every game should be approached with a must win attitude especially at this point where they have a team that can run the board and set themselves up nicely. Just got to do it.

25. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'd agree with this. I tend to take the Ric Flair approach: If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best - of course, that sometimes means we don't beat ourselves... but good, bad, or ugly, bring each week's opponent on.

• Agree Agree x 1