1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the hardest hit you've ever seen?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Feb 17, 2012.

1. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It doesn't have to be Steelers to comment here but....
    I was at the Cincinnati game sitting about the 25 yard line maybe 10 rows up when Hines K-Whopped Kieth Rivers for the Bengals on the opposite sideline nearly straight across. I had my Binoculars on and his mouth piece must have flown about 7 yards downfield. I was surrounded by Bengal and Steelers fans and I immediately jumped up and started screaming as loud as I could GREAT HIT HINES! CLEAN HIT! CLEAN HIT! (which it was til they made the Hines rule on that one). My wife was telling me to pipe down cause Bengal fans were giving me looks of snarl but I kept on high fiving every Steelers fan around me. Kieth left the field right in front of me and was missing 2 or 3 teeth. I yelled down for him to get well soon and you got to keep your head on a swivel when playing the Steelers!
    Whats the hardest hits people have seen on here?
    TV counts to but sometimes just doesn't do it justice.

2. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Jets hit on boldin

Ryan Clark on ray rice in afccg08

3. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought that hit was on McGahee?

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I was at the Bengals game you're talking about too with my dad and I jumped out of my seat and went nuts, my dad was like whats your deal? since I think it was just like an 8 yard run. I was like Hines just knocked someone's head off!!!

I remember watching this game live and it's one that always pops in my head when ppl talk about hits...
    [youtube:15fn8dev]K8H39WOsBGM[/youtube:15fn8dev]

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    This one was pretty insane too. Clark would probably be suspended now for this...

[youtube:wauma52o]Y8ZInfMWLCU[/youtube:wauma52o]

6. Colssteel

Colssteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes sir, you are correct.

That is definitely one of the best of recent memory.

7. Coke Oven

Coke Oven Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Rocky Marciano's hit on Jersey Joe Walcott. You said it didn't have to be Steeler related.

8. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If were going that route, when I was 12 I was at a local skating rink when I tried to stop by doing a hockey stop. But I failed miserably when my skates didn't slide and instead catapulted me over (like a high side off of a motorcycle) head first into a cinder block wall. I was out cold for who knows how long. But when I came to, I had been carried off the floor to another part of the rink and I was surrounded by dozens of people. I think they thought I was dead.

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Gary Jones hit on Don Beebe in a MNF game comes to mind. I'm not sure Beebe was ever the same after that hit.

10. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    John Lynch about killed ( no harm intended) chris henry during a December 2006 game. Henry caught a pass from Carson Palmer at the Denver one-yard line, and before he could step into the end zone, Lynch lowered the boom.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    First that come to mind, in no particular order...

-Ryan Clark on Wes Welker
    -Sheldon Brown on Reggie Bush
    -Hines Ward on Ed Reed
    -Leslie O'Neal (KC) on Jeff George (OAK -- haven't seen it since it happened live, so I might be exaggerating it in my memory)
    -Somebody on Eli Manning when he was young
    -James Farrior on Maurice Drew (the play after Garrard's 4th and 2 run in the '07 playoffs)
    -Kendrell Bell on Jeff Smith (a Center!)
    -Muhsin Muhammad on Andre Carter -- I was a young high school WR at the time and it was eye opening to see a "small" guy light up a "big" guy, even though Carter probably wasn't really that much bigger at the time. It really changed the way I played, and gave me the confidence I needed to go destroy people twice my size.

I don't think the Eric Smith hit on Boldin was such a big hit. It was helmet to helmet, and so the damage was big. Lots of hits that aren't as big as others, but do a lot of damage just because of the way the collision took place.

12. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I hate this hit and as bad as it looks, I think I have seen harder looking hits. But for sheer damage, the gutless blind sided hit Warren Sapp posted on some lineman (I think) and actually separated his HIPS from his body. How that even happens and what the effects were I don't know, but that injury sounds about as nasty as they come. That's my least favorite big hit.

- I love when Harrison tuned up some Raven player returning a ball on a monday night game back in 05 I think.
    - There was a hit when Chad Johnson got hit by one of our D-backs (Polamalu?) and got his gold grill knocked out of his mouth because he was to busy "ballin" instead of wearing a mouthpiece. Then Troy picked it up and handed it to him while he was all dazed. AWESOME! (I can't find the clip, it's out there somewhere).
    Really there are so many...

13. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    Earl Cambell/ Tatum was a huge collision. Steelers? Adrian Cooper backup TE to Eric Greens peelback block downfield against the Vikings on Leroy Thompsons (run If I remember correctly).... also Wards jaw breaker block on Cinci's Rivers - Harrison -Massoussili (however he spells that), those can go with the already mentioned Clark/ Welker or Clark/McGahee

I think there are so many hard hits that they get to a point they are just very hard- how can you pick the hardest....

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Back in the day between 88 and 92. We punted and the punt returner did not see Richard Shelton. He caught the ball and Shelton landed in his face. The guy looked like he dissappeared. The announcer screamed!

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Anthony Smith Lit up TJ Whoseyourmama in the jungle.

16. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I think that was Chad Clifton that got a dislocated hip or whatever. That was gutless. Sapp also permanently F'd up Jerry Rice's career on a brutal and intentional facemask. Rice would have 25,000 yards for sure without that pice of sh-- Sapp.

After missing that year, Clifton went on to the Pro Bowl and won the Super Bowl against us. I saw a little thing on NFL Network that showed what happened the next time Clifton played Sapp -- apparently he completely dominated him and Sapp was invisible all game long. Sapp was in the studio at the time and was very immature and visibly unhappy about the tape.

17. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Oh man I wish I saw the Sapp footage. I hate that guy. I did before and after the hit. I hate him like he's a raven, he reminds me of one.

I'm so glad that dude came back to have a career. A good one too! I never learned anything more of him after that.

18. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Haha, it was just a couple plays of Sapp getting pancaked. Pretty cool stuff. He probably seems like a Raven because he spends most nights in a bathtub with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. I don't know what his problem with Pittsburgh is (Bucs and Raiders...?), so I assume he only hates us because he loves Baltimore so much. He could at least try not to be so obvious about it though.

19. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Since Clark's hit on Welker has already been mention, my 2nd choice would be Ike laying out Pat White of the Dolphins. I'm not positive but I think this was White's final regular season game in the NFL.

[youtube:3s6sj3mh]Uauae4JQ7MY[/youtube:3s6sj3mh]

20. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    im pretty sure it was Ike who laid that hit on Chad not Troy best i remember seeing Clark killing Willis McGahee when i seen it live thought McGahee might not be abel to walk again! Clark hit on Welker was also good Silver back slaming the browns fan silverBack slaming Chad Johnson SilverBack slaming Vince Young lol and Hines Hit on Reed And the Bengal :towel:

21. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This thread needs WAY more video's!

22. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I love the clark hit on willis

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just about any hit by Ronnie Lott or Jack Tatum.

24. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  25. ravenhater

ravenhater Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    [youtube:232x63e6]p_V5z95lBZ8[/youtube:232x63e6]