1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

whats cookin?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Nov 12, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm going simple today. dogs in the crock pot with left over chili. ( if you never had hot dogs in a crock pot they are worth a try) put them in the buns and place them in the pot. put them on high for only about an hour to an hour and a half. the buns crisp up and the things just have a different taste. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    That sounds interesting lol

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Nicely seasoned fish in Peanut Oil!

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The wife is taking one for the team today by going to "family" brunch with her mom:rolleyes:, middle boy is at the Bills/Saints game with his friends in Buffalo so that leaves me and the youngest boy. We had a nice 6 egg omelet turned into a sausage burrito to start the day. 2 racks of ribs in my own rub(basically about every spice in the cupboard) which sat over night in the fridge. Have to slow cook in the oven cause here in NY it is too cold to smoke outside :( The wife was gonna make cocktail weiners wrapped in dough but maybe later for the Walking dead :beg:will be on a liquid diet for the game/pre game as I am at the DR's........ Dr McGillicuddy's cherry and coke followed by some Bud Light Limes:guiness: hoping to be able to eat ribs after the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Carne Adovada

Made a bunch of it last night. Hotter (spicy) than all crap.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Father in laws birthday later tonight so I'm sure we are having a roast or something, so fasting during the game for a big meal

7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Doesn't the chili make the buns soggy?

Anyway, slipped a disc this morning. I'll be watching the game on foot because I can't bend right now. What's cooking is whatever my wife brings back from lunch with her parents.

8. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Heading to a craft beer festival in a bit, so...whatever they’ve got on offer.
    :cool:

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That's funny - reminds me of the Stephen Wright bit about putting instant coffee in a microwave and he actually went back in time. Or Kramer drying his clothes in the pizza oven. You'll have to share the backstory on how you discovered the hot dog in a crock pot thing. Almost defies logic. I do have a hot dog/hot dog bun toaster that grills two dogs and toasts two buns at a time. It's a retro candy apple red Art-Deco appliance.