1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

whats cookin?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Sep 7, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    might as well get this started early and give you all time to get to the store. whats cookin for the opening game?

i think i'm going with chili since there is a fall feel in the air this weekend here. a little chilly for this time of year already so hey. also thinking kielbasa or good old hotdogs on the grill with the above mentioned chili and cheese over them.

what you got? :smiley1::cool:

2. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Since the game is on early here in the AZ the wife and I will partake in some Menudo "mexican soup" with all the fixings for breakfast and finish the day off with honey glazed beef ribs with potatoe salad, sweet corn on the cobb and bushs baked beans and to wash it all down Arnold Palmers = half tea and half lemonade drink.

3. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    My wife is making us "Primanti- Wanna Be Sandwiches. She is going to pile the fries and cole slaw on the meat just like they do and serve it all on Italian Bread.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Beer brats with peppers and onions. Kind of a tradition for opening day. Sometimes we put a spin on it (beer brat chili), but there's always brats. LOL

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Either Brownies mixed with Brown Gravy in a blender or Brownies with squash in the Panini Press - it will be a game time decision. None too appetizing but so much fun to watch! :herewego::yeehaw::dfense:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    How about brownies squashed flat under Roethlisbugers?

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That sounds awesome.

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I had some great menudo in New Mexico, good stuff....

Being in Colorado, I could get some brownies to eat, but not sure how much of the game I'd see :lolol:

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'll be too nervous to eat. Even against the Browns my stomach will be in knots. After the game though I will be chillin and grillin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Wife talked me into not getting Sunday Ticket one year because she thought our cable bill was to high so instead of arguing the point I gave in. Man I only lasted 3 weeks and I was having withdrawals so I promised to work over time at work to pay for it so it would not come out of our budget never again!!! I gotta have my ticket I call every year to get a loyalty discount sometimes it works and some times it doesn't, but i try. Not watching my Steelers play is like being uncivilized.:dancing::bowdown:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Chile Rellenos

I have a dang fine crop of poblano peppers that I will roast, peel, stuff, batter and fry. Then cover it in a red chile and pork sauce.

Oh, and :drinks:

12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    My wife knows better. I'd cut out the water bill before I did away with Steelers football.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    So I suppose eating menudo as suggested in a few posts here would be classic irony with a queezie stomach and all? :puking 3:

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife would cut out the water bill before giving up Steelers football. If we had a water bill, we have a well, but anyway..,

15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well Mac Daddyo you have the right idea, with a little chill in the air I too will be making chili. I usually stay home and watch football but this week I am going to my camp site and putting the tv out on the deck. I am going to have a few guys over(most are Steeler fans) and make a crock pot full of chili. It will have a tailgate feel to it as the cornhole boards(freshly made) will be out and a fire will be going. The beer will be cold and some finger foods will be out on the table, nachos and salsa.

16. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    This will be the first time in about 20 years my three Steelers friends and I will not be getting together for the home opener. Every year we open with a grilled leg of lamb (more like two actually), some sort of veg and carbs, and lots of barley and hops. Seeing as my wife hates lamb, I will get a rack of lamb for my son and I (a leg would be too much) and beef tenderloin steaks for my wife and daughter. The corn around here is still fresh so we'll pick some up on Sunday. And probably some grilled peppers and Portobello mushrooms.

• Like Like x 2
  17. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

No. That would not bode well at all.:worried::puking 5:

18. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011

Hey isn't that copyright enfringement??? Well maybe not since you said wanna-be...carry on :cool::applaud:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  19. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Menudo is a great remedy the morning after a night of heavy partying.:drinks:

20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Baked chicken and corn on the cob.

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Actually the point being made was eating stomach meat/tripe (menudo) would give him a queezie stomach. Oh well.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Well I'd love to do lobster but the last time I tried....

I'll be working for most of the first half :crycry:
    But after, my meal will consist of watching the Steelers defense consume the Browns' "offense" :brownssuck:

I'll do pasta night before. Sunday leftovers. :amen:

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    sounds great!

• Like Like x 1
  24. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    SC Pennsylvania is stuck with the Ravens game. So, I'll be going to the bar my buddy owns and have some wings and a couple of IPA's with him. He's a big Steelers fan and it's an unofficial Steelers bar so it gets crazy busy especially when they're not on Comcast.

25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah hope it is good I have never watched football there before I like to stay home but why not. It have been a pretty wet summer so camp has not been what it has been and with less than a month left I want to take advantage. We are heading up tonight after the son's game(it is on the way home) hoping for a little bloody marys to start the morning off and a quick round of golf then bring on some football!

• Like Like x 1