1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What's chances of DeCastro in the active lineup against San Diego?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bobtx2us, Dec 3, 2012.

1. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've been reading so much about him since he was drafted, I'm anxious to see him in action when it counts.

:applaud:

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Maybe he starts and Pouncey goes back to center?? But maybe Colon comes back?? Maybe we won't see him at all???

3. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think the preference is to keep him as a backup if you can. When healthy, Colon+Foster are 2 good guards.

I DeCastro is probably capable of starting if needed, but by sitting he's going to get a lot better mentally, and would be more likely to step in and dominate. The hope is to avoid growing pains. Not saying it's a sure thing by any means, but it's the ideal scenario.

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    there's a definite possibility you are correct.

5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Ideally we get up by 14 and then rotate DD in every 3rd or 4th series to get his feet wet again.

HACK

6. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Too bad we never get up by 14 :lolol:

If we ever were going to though it'd be this Sunday. Playing the Chargers (who have looked pretty bad) at home at 1:00 (that's a long trip and an early game).

7. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i just hope that Rivers doesnt remember how good he can be. the Steelers have a tendency of making qb's look like they belong in the HOF.

hopefully Ben is back and looks sharp. that was a great win for Charlie, but we all know this team only goes as far as Ben can take them.