1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What Would You Do??

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SteelReal, Oct 25, 2021.

1. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I probably should have created a poll for this...but long story short...Tom Brady completed his 600th TD to Mike Evans yesterday afternoon after which Mike Evan's unceremoniously decided to give the ball away to a fan....

That ball is probably worth millions. It looked like the Bucs equipment manager or at least someone affiliated with the team was able to go over and retrieve the ball with little issue. I dont know if TB plans to reward the fan in any type of way, but if you were the fan the ball was given to

1) is it non-negotiable giving the ball back??

2) you give it back with stipulations? What stipulations??

3) you give it back without resistance/haggling prob because if you were in that position you would want the same??

I expect responses to be impartial and well thought out regardless of what you think of Brady...I especially care if you have any legal sense of what kind of rights you have.

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'd have asked for one night with his wife:)

I think his first TD pass sold for about a half million.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The 600 TD ball is apparently worth $500,000 according to experts in that field.

I don't think it's an option to keep it. Sure, he could have walked out of the stadium with it and refused, but chances are if Tom Brady decided to take it to court, the fan would lose. The ball belongs to the team/NFL, not the fan. He has no right to it. So I'm guessing a court would force him to give it back, and he could also be on the hook for legal costs. Also, if he fought them in court, Brady definitely isn't going to give him anything at that point.

So basically his options were to keep it and hope to hell he doesn't end up getting sued, in which case he gets nothing and is out money if he tries to fight. Or give it back and get a bunch of signed goods, which he did and is getting.

It's an easy choice. I would have done exactly what he did. Insist on keeping it just so they would start offering signed good, which they did. At that point I would hand it over, which he did.

• Like Like x 1