1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT WOULD YOU DO

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by PSYCHOSTEELER, Mar 29, 2012.

1. OT JONATHAN MARTIN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. OG KEVIN ZEITLER

23.1%
  3. WR KENDELL WRIGHT

3.8%
  4. DE NICK PERRY

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. LB COURTNEY UPSHAW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. OT CORY GLENN

15.4%
  7. DT DEVON STILL

38.5%
  8. CB JANORIS JENKINS

3.8%
  9. WR STEPHEN HILL

15.4%
  1. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    The Bleacherreprt.com newest mock draft has the Steelers taking OT jonathan Martin. And I polled what they had after the Steelers picked. IMO I would take Upshaw and maybe move Harrison to the inside like they did with Chad Brown years ago.

2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm kind of high on Glenn, but I wouldn't have a problem with Jonathon Martin. And honestly, if they draft Upshaw with the intention of making him into the middle backer, I'd like that too. Do not think we need a WR, don't need Perry or Still (he's not a nose, but if they are planning on moving Ziggy to nose, still think we can get a good DT in later rouds), think Zietler is a massive reach, and think that our two CBs we drafted last year have the ability to step up this year.

3. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Martin, Glenn or Jenkins are the only ones that make sense here...Zeitler to I guess...though it might be a slight reach.

I'd have no problem with Martin or really any of those 4.

Or even trade down a couple spots if theres someone who wants one of those guys (esp someone the Steelers dont need, OLB, WR, etc).

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Any but the WR's. Definitely don't need any OLB's, but if Upshaw is there and no one else is, then I'd be fine with taking him, or Perry, if he's all that's left. Of the list I'd likely lean towards Glenn, with Zeitler and Martin finishing close behind. I think Jenkins will be the most dynamic CB from this draft and would be fine selecting him, even though we have three young guys on our roster already.

5. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would take Glenn if that was the choice at 24.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    martin for me out of that bunch. zeitler is a need also and i think as a true guard would be better then the tackles moved to guard. getting a good young LT talent though has been a need for a long time and i would welcome one. martin may have a few holes to work on but he offers alot to start with. the wr's would be nice though. that gives the defense tons to cover and would open up the run. i don't think we are as golden at that spot as most think. :cool:

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    We had multiple receiving talent last season, and it didn't seem to particularly open up the run. While not golden, I think we're better sticking to lower round receivers. It's not worth paying the top tier talent when we have three to pay as it is.

I guess my vote here would be for Glenn.

8. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I went with Hill, as I hope we let Wallace walk next year as I don't want the Steelers to pay $10M for a WR. Nor do I want to waste our first rounder on an OT, becase no matter how good our line is, Ben can't think quick enough to get rid of the ball, thus will face pressure regardless. That's who he is. Iusually want us stocking the D during the draft, but I'm getting bored of draft DL.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    one better get on and stay on the field first. sanders has yet to prove he can do that and has since had another surgery on his feet. wallace??? big question mark. brown alone really knocks this bunch way down. :cool:

10. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If you give Ben enough time, he will lead you to the promised land again and again. Our O line has been a joke for so long, we don't even know how different and better it could be. We don't have one solid player on that line. The only one that is good enough to be on our team is Pouncey, but he gets hurt too often. What would I do? Trade up all of our draft picks to get the 2 best O lineman we could get and then go home. There is not another area of our team that is even close to being as bad as this mess of an O Line. Of course, we could draft a WR or LB in the first round, try to pick up a surefire bust of an O lineman in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and rush for 3.5 yards per carry next year and let your franchise QB get injured again and again.

11. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would take Upshaw and move Harrison to the inside with Timmons.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You can forget about the Steelers drafting Jenkins too many red flags like 3 arrests kicked off the Florida team no thanks. Martin or Glenn would be my first preference the Steelers biggest weakness is o-line. If all the top o-lineman are already gone I would take Upshaw.

13. PSYCHOSTEELER

Nov 22, 2011
    thats what i said, first post

14. PSYCHOSTEELER

Nov 22, 2011
    upshaw is like a woodley, so having " two woods and a hair up the middle " sounds like taint.