1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What ways can you watch the Steelers live if not brodcast?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Sep 14, 2017.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I know this comes up a lot and I apologize but I need some help. I have Direct TV but I can't pay for Sunday Ticket, and I normally have the Steelers game every Sunday except when the Steelers play an NFC team and the Eagles play and AFC team, the NFC games are on FOX and if both teams are playing at 1:00 or 4:00 I'll get the Eagles. The exception happens if the Steelers play at 1:00 and the Eagles are on at 4:00. I was looking at Game Pass as it says live stream but when you go to sign up all it says is game rewind and condensed version so I don't know if it does have live access. I wish they had a way to buy 1 week at a time, as I said, I rarely miss more than 1 game per season and last year I got every game, so if anyone knows about a streaming service or other way I'd appreciate it, thanks.

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Game pass is only live for people outside of the US market. Some people report success by using a vpn as a work around, but that's not a topic for this forum.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    <Mod Edit>

While this is some very good info, it's against forum guidelines to share streaming sites publicly. Please keep them to private messages. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    this is my 1st year without DirectTV. I joined the Kansas City Steelers Fan Club last weekend at a sports bar. at least 200 Steelers fans and nothing else. all TVs had the Steelers on!! $20 paid my years worth of cover charge.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    NFL GamePass offers live audio feeds, home and away. You could listen to Tunch & the Gang ...

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's a damn shame how expensive Sunday Ticket is. And then having to pay the regular DirecTV bill on top of that.. it's a total ripoff.

I get HBO when Game of Thrones comes on and cancel it when the season is done... and it's crazy how much DirecTV jacks up the bill for HBO.

If things were fair to the consumer... anybody who has DirecTV for 5 years or more should get Sunday Ticket for free.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    BS. I've had DirecTV for years. I got a ton of channels. I pay like $75 a month and Sunday ticket cost just under $300 Per season.
    Totally worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Well I must be getting ripped off. I've had DirecTV since '10... and my standard monthly bill without HBO and Sunday Ticket is $137 a month with taxes and fees. I have the whole home DVR Genie thing with 4 TVs. Choice Extra channel package.

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know about that price, but I pretty much have everything you do.

I'm not talking about you, but some people just go overboard trying to figure out how to get stuff for free. There's a lot of things in life that I'd like to have, but can't afford. I'm happy to pay for the Sunday ticket it's essentially what a ticket to one Steelers game will cost you.

I also have a firebox and can get all the games on there including preseason. Only problem with that is there's some buffering and I don't feel like dealing with that.

My son is in college and he's able to use my DirecTV account to watch the Sunday ticket on his computer.

10. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I watch at my local bar on Sundays, and then I have game pass for re-watching the ALL-22 film.

Side note.. i wish the live games could be watched in All-22/coaches film. It's so much better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    IMG_0930.JPG
    I always Call To cancel my NFL Ticket at the end of the year so it does not auto-renew on my account.

At the beginning of the following season, I call and ask if they can add NFL Ticket at no charge. It's been successful three years straight. They give it to me at no charge. I just mention I've been a loyal customer and I would hate to look elsewhere for service.

• Like Like x 1
  12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude a few months ago my wife called and complained about how much Directv charges me for my Sunday Ticket since I've had it for years and they cut the price hardcore for this season. I actually started a thread but can't remember how much they wound up giving it to me for. You maybe could call and complain and get it for even less. I don't care how much it costs though. I will always buy it. I can't imagine my life without it. It's not that I'm some "baller" either. I just am willing to shell out the dough for that one thing. People look at me like I'm crazy for paying that much just to watch one football team but I look at them like they're crazy for not. LOL! Honestly though I can understand why some people think it's really overboard though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Nice. I really don't need Sunday Ticket 99% of the time. I get all of the Fox and CBS 1pm and 4pm games televised. I got a scare this week. My local Fox station had Chiefs/Eagles listed on the guide, but the 506 map says Vikings/Steelers. The 506 map is usually dead-on accurate, so I'm not worried.

I still think DirecTV is a big ripoff. I believe that bills for basic channel packages should not go above $100. Every year it seems DTV adds more fees and charges to the bill. My bill has gone from $106 to $133 in 3 years. AT&T buying DirecTV didn't help matters any... it made it worse for the consumer and that's a fact. But hey.. let's keep voting in Republican House Reps and Republican Senators who will do NOTHING to bust up these ridiculous monopolies.:facepalm:

14. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I never committed to a new contract once my initial contract with Direct TV was up. I believe it was two years.

I guess they see that you can walk away from them at any time and they are more likely to give someone a deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Hit me up on game day and I'll pm you the site I normally use........
    Haven't missed a game in 3 yrs

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have gone back to cable after 14 odd years with Directv . I had same programming you had
    HM along with internet and phone. 235/month. Ridiculous. No wonder so many people are streaming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    do you know if the site is iPad compatible?

18. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Should be...... I recommend watching the site with the dolphin browser..... it has a great pop up blocker

19. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Here, here..with every product/ service offered to the consumer there are loop holes or hidden discounts, loyalties etc... their not going to tell you this, but it's there you just have to ask/ inquire about them. For example I've been a customer for 7 years and this year I got $20 per month off my bill hey its better than nothing!!! and i work alittle overtime at work and that extra funds pays for my Sunday Ticket for the srason just gives my budget some flexability. Good luck and Go Steelers!!!

20. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011

I dont get it..and everyone should be allowed to make a living no matter where you live, but "dang it" every time I have to call Direct TV I get someone from Pakistan or India and can't understand a word they are saying!!! It's frustrating to say the least I even hate to call anymore. A simple inquiry can take longer than expected and I always get off the phone pissed or upset not to mention feeling like my identity is being compromised.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah when I'm talking to some dude from Camelstan or wherever they're from I get irritated too. Especially when they introduce themselves as like "Ralph" or something. LOL! I have to help my mamaw a lot with her comcast drama and they're even worse! I mean terrrrribly bad!

• Like Like x 1
  22. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife refuses to talk to them she tells them get me someone from the United states on the phone!!! Other wise it's like talking to a wall to get with the language bearier crazy!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    ok, thanks for the info

24. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    There's loads of call centres around certain parts of the North East of the UK because companies think the accent is friendlier so customers are less likely to shout at them.

It's yet to work for me...

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    What's ironic though is that I have a super thick southern accent, or so I've been told. So I'm sure when they talk to me they're also thinking I'm from another planet because sometimes people in different parts of America can't understand me. LOL!