1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What was it? who was it? why was it?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by benwallace17, Feb 5, 2012.

1. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    One thing I haven't seen fans onere talking about much this offseason is how dumb the steelers seemed as a whole multiple games this year. Look at a picture of B.A's face if you want to know how the onffense looked 80% of the time. Confused, cluless, lost and bumbling. The defense (incliuding malu, in fact i fear sometimes its mostly him) looked like that cartoon character from the looney tunes, running around saying in a slurred, uneducated type speech "which way did he go george? which way did go"!? They seemed one step behind teams all the time, and constantly fell into the traps the other team was setting for them. Sorry, mayeb you disagree but it seemed to me all year they just werent right menatlly or something. Maybe superbowl hangover, which we all know effects the steelers EVERY time. Now just some quick other points for discussion:

1. Ben pump fakes at OPEN people underneath to try to open up the deep man constantly. Dont do that EVERYTIME, it's a trick ben...you cant use a trick over and over agian, people figure out what you're up to.
    Jesus, I love Ben, but what year in his career is he finally going to just take what the defense gives him. TAKE WHAT THE DEFENSE GIVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Roger Goodell Sucks, 6yr Extension. By the time that term is over football will be more like what we call competitive debating now.

3. B.A gone? I'd have to agree with Willam Wallace on this one.....FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!

4. Don't understand teams still switching to 3-4 these days, I beleive the way the NFL is today phases that out. Or maybe just D.L's version of the 3-4. I just dont see how you can still play a base D that has CB's 10 yards off the LOS, they'll do combacks and throw to the running back all day ( BALTIMORE anyone?) I wish we'd start building a D like the giants do, thats what you need today get pressue with 4 men.

5. There's alot for people to complain about when it comes to Ben. His trangressions, attitude, lack of studying.......but those out there just doing the "He's fat" thing, thats so dumb. He's not fat at all and he's in decent shape for a QB he doesnt havre to be as physically fit as anyone else on his team except the kickers. His job, if done perfectly, is to not get hit, not run, not catch, and not get hurt. If he stands still all day completes passes and leads his team to a W he's a great QB, and i beleive a 300 pound man could do that.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Are we still beating Ben up for things in the past? Does he have any transgression recently? As in current? No, lets leave the past in the past, we are 2 off seasons removed from Bens troubles, give it a rest people. Not sure what attitude you are talking about? You mean the one that wants to win at all costs? The one that sticks up for his team mates and never throws them under the bus? Or are you referring to the audacity of wanting to talk to his boss to get on the same page? Yeah, terrible attitude. Who's your source on the lack of study? I wish I was privy to such information. Funny that the one thing you do give Ben a pass on is his weight. No, he's not Fat Albert fat but he can stand to lose some weight, myself and others have noticed it and he looks slower when he scrambles. And this whole "take what the defense gives him" so tired of hearing that, it's right up there with the "check down". It's as if you do those two things you will never ever lose a game. And every player ever interviewed that lines up against Ben hates his pump fakes, drives them nuts because Ben is the only one that does a full pump fake and can maintain his grip on the ball. He can pump fake to the cows come home for all I care, it doesn't hurt us at all and only helps to make defenses bite on it.

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Man with fans like the OP who needs other teams fans to hate us.......go root for the Brady's....you probably a patriots fan anyway

4. benwallace17

benwallace17 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Jeesh, sorry I didnt mean upset anyone. I should have been more clear when I said the "lotso complain about" thing about Ben. Those arent my thoughts I was just listing complaints I hear steeler fans and my non-steeler friends use
    to cast Ben in a negative light. I'm the guy who's always arguing that Ben isnt a bad guy, lazy or of course FAT to say the least to my freinds all the time. Sorry for not being clearer about that honest Ben's my favorite player . I was however serious about my complaint that he shou;ldnt pump fake to people who are open to open up someone deep too much, if he's pump faking right away to try and fool the D or pumping cuz no ones open and he's trying to make soom room I'm all for it, but pumping to open people not so much.

Man with fans like the OP who needs other teams fans to hate us.......go root for the Brady's....you probably a patriots fan anyway

I couldnt hate the pats or tom tom more. I dont see how anything I said cast such a negative cloud over the steelers that you'd question me to be a PATS fan. ouch. I'm only commenting on one year, and I truly did think they seemed a little dopey
    this year. The mentality seemed off. I'm just wondering if it was the coaches or the players or both? As for the giants defense thing. I'm not trying to suggest that I have anything wrong with D.L I love the man. Just trying to say thats the way I thought NFL defenses would start going to stop these offenses, not the other way around and switching to a 3-4. Isnt the 3-4 tougher on the secondary?

actually reading back the first post, I was a little more sarcastic than I wanted to be. I was angry at the time.