1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What to Root for

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MattyMo9, Dec 9, 2018.

1. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    with the bye weeks out of the picture now I would say we need to root against those teams looking for the 6th seed.

KC vs Balt rooting for KC. Obviously the easiest way into the playoffs is both us and Baltimore going 2-2 last 4 games.

Houston vs Indy. Rooting for Houston. We have a better chance of a 6 seed than a bye week so let’s knock down 6-6 teams

Miami vs NE. Rooting for NE. See above

San Fran vs Denver. Rooting for SF. Obviously

2. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Exactly, we need all division leaders to win. That Titans win put a kink in my colon.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I’m still rooting for the Patriots to lose in Miami today because it still at least keeps the possibility alive of the Steelers finishing ahead of the Patriots if by some slim chance the Steelers win out their last 4 games and the Patriots lose today and next week here at Heinz Field. The Steelers would finish 11-4-1 to the Patriots 11-5 and that would at least guarantee them of not having to go to Foxboro in the playoffs if they should somehow meet at some point in the playoffs however that might happen. The odds aren’t great of finishing 4-0 but you just never know and until it’s not possible I’m going to root for anything that screws up the Patriots chances of making the damn Super Bowl again.

Not worried about Miami really and the wildcard or anything like that. The Steelers win today and the Ravens lose in KC which I would like to think both have a high probability of happening the division race would be very close to being over. I don’t see the Ravens making up a 1.5 deficit on the Steelers with 3 games left to play after today. Too much unlikely things would have to happen in order for that to take place and I just don’t see it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  4. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    One more quick thing since you brought up the bye week I believe today is really the last hope the Steelers still have of having any chance at all to still get a bye week. They will keep their hopes alive of a bye week if they obviously win in Oakland and the Texans lose to the Colts today in a game the Colts desperately need to win to stay alive in the wildcard race, and they also need as I mentioned above Miami to beat the Patriots today in Miami where Brady seems to struggle a lot in a game where the Dolphins desperately need to win as well to keep their wildcard hopes alive. The Steelers still would need to win out of course which will be very tough but I won’t say it’s completely and totally impossible, and they would need Houston to lose one more game which looks like the best chances of that happening will be at Philly Dec 23rd in a game the Eagles will desperately need to win for either their division or wildcard hopes.

So I’m gonna hold off again in saying the bye is completely out of reach until after this week. I won’t start worrying about rooting for all those wildcard teams to lose unless the Steelers lose today and the Ravens win in KC which I doubt will happen.

5. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    The Steelers odds of winning vs both NE and at NO are probably similar to those in hitting the mega millions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    I will agree with you somewhat here. It’s always nice to see NE lose and it would hurt them to not have a bye week. But in arguing for the Steelers best interest the odds of us getting a bye week vs potentially fighting for a WC are not really close.

7. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    No they aren’t great but I won’t sit here and say it’s completely impossible either. I think they definitely can beat the Patriots at home or are not as good this year and have struggled on the road. And the Steelers will give the Saints a good game as well. That won’t be an easy game for the Saints to win even if they do beat the Steelers it will be high scoring probably and close. So I’ll agree it’s unlikley they win both but not totally impossible to think they couldn’t win both either. Your mega millions comment is a bit of a stretch I think. I’d say the odds are slightly greater then that.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Because of how we are playing and who we have left to play no way shape or form does this team get the bye. I have stated from the start that this is the year we beat New England, now I have huge doubts. Knowing the Steelers they will lose to the Raiders and bounce back and smoke the Pats.

9. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    You’re probably right but I want to see how today plays out before going there. If both the Texans and Patriots lose and the Steelers win then it’s still very much a possibility. If all that doesn’t happen today then I’ll agree the bye week is pretty much done. So we’ll what happens and how things play out today.

10. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    Let’s just get a big loss for the Ravens to start this day off! If they lose and we win our odds of winning the division will be about 80%

11. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I will go for that. You definitely don’t wanna see under any circumstances the Ravens win that game today in Kansas City. I don’t believe they will but if they somehow do that is really going to put the pressure on the Steelers to win today in Oakland and even if they do it will still only keep the deficit in the division at a 1/2 game instead of a 1.5, and it will almost force the Steelers to win that game next week here with the Patriots just to win the AFC North still. That’s not the position you want them to be in.

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bye week? I just hope the Steelers can win a game vs. Raiders. With Patriots and Saints on deck... AFC North title chances are slimmer by the minute. Ravens are gonna win 2 games...at least.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    But if both us and Ravens win 2 games we get in. If we lose to Oakland today the season is over IMO. We will be in a complete out of control spiral

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I agree if the Steelers lose today they have a very good chance of missing the playoffs. There is no reason to lose this game today in Oakland NONE. The Raiders are lucky to have 2 wins this season and should have lost to the Browns if the refs didn’t completely botch a 3rd down spot which would have given the Browns the win, and they also barely beat a bad Cardinals team with a last second FG. This Raiders team sucks and if they lose this game and miss the playoffs because of it after being 7-2-1 Mike Tomlin’s job should start being in serious jeopardy.

15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Tomlin sucks. He is terrible. The sooner Steelers franchise gets rid of him.. the better. I've never witnessed a more monumental waste of talent than the modern Steelers. It's a damn crime.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    But all those wins!

17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Need patriots to win. Don’t need a repeat of last year with them losing to dolphins the week before

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    It is still simple. Steelers go 2-2 and the Ravens go 2-2. We win the division. We will win today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I just can’t see the Steelers losing this game with as much that is at stake in this game for the Steelers. The Raiders are a bad defense and just a bad team overall. It would really take just a complete and epic meltdown by Ben and this Steelers offense to lose this game.

20. MattyMo9

Dec 11, 2017
    As another posted said if you can’t think things will be worst or possibly happen, you lack imagination

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Steelers will beat them both and lose first Playoff game against a lesser team.

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If...We lose today, I hope we lose them all..." Obviously " this will prove ( at least imo ) that this roller coaster **** show that is Tomlin has finally run it's course...

They're those who love Tomlin, Hate Tomlin, and are in the middle...I think he is average, and if they lose this game OR miss the playoffs, He should be gone ( He won't ) At best he will be " put on notice "...

I know the getting / winning the Super Bowl isn't easy...But being one of favorites every year, and ****ting the bed means that you are not preforming, up to your " POTENTIAL " !

23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm rooting for anybody but the Pats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Better hope the Ravens lose, we maybe in trouble.

25. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Chiefs look like they are going to struggle in this one. Ravens are playing some good defense.