1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do Thursday night...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Kel_In_PA, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Kel_In_PA

Kel_In_PA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Steelers and Pens on at the same time. Big game for the Pens, national broadcast for the Steelers. Record one and watch the other??? It is just not as fun when I don't watch the game live. Record both and flip back and forth between the two (my husband's suggestion)???

I guess we are lucky that we have two great teams to watch and we have such a problem! :)

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Still a long way to go in the NHL season, I would skip the Pens completely. Its crunch time for the Steelers!!!

3. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Go to a sports bar and watch them both!

4. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    I can never watch the Steelers play and another program at the same time. 95% of the time the Steelers don't allow you to do this with the way we play. Our games are mostly NAILBITERS all the way to the end.

5. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I go with Steelers 100%. It's only a 16 game season, it's near the end, and they're playing the Stains. The Pens have lots of other games to play. DVR it if you must, but the Steelers have to be watched LIVE.

Speaking of which - I'm a little nervous about this one. I hope it isn't a nap/trap game. They need to bring their A-game to show off to the National audience on Thursday. History tells us that when they have to do that, they usually don't.

6. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Move to a city like Omaha Nebraska. The lack of stress will double your life expectancy

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Personally I would go with the Steelers game, without question. I might put the other game on using Picture-In-Picture, but the Steelers game would get the larger part of the screen.

8. Kel_In_PA

Kel_In_PA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This would be the best solution. I don't think I would get too many Mother-of-the-Year awards bringing my four and five year old kids with me!

We will most likely watch the Steelers and record the Pens. I wish they weren't on the same night. The Pens-Flyers games are always great to watch.

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    ... and quadruple your boredom factor... Unless you get off on watching corn grow.

10. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Easy call. Watch Steelers game live. DVR Pens and watch it in fast forward later. Takes about 15 minutes tops and you can always stop and replay the Pen's goals, which may add a few minutes to the replay time.

11. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Agree. NHL is still on early season.
    Also, there are only 4 regular season games left for the Steelers, and hopefully 3 or 4 more in January!

Go Pens! Go Bucs! Go Steelers!

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This will be a channel switching night,Steelers Browns may get boring.

13. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    with Crosby being out I think I surely go with the Steelers tonight

14. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    This is a non-issue to me. Football takes priority... and the Steelers always come first. Always.

15. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

16. Guest

Guest Guest

82 regular season hockey games, no Crosby, and it's not even the All Star break.

16 regular season football games with four left and a playoff spot and the division title on the line.

I love the Pens - maybe even more than the Steelers - but it's live football and DVR hockey tonight. Easy choice. I might flip back and forth and Lord knows the NFL gives you plenty of opportunity to watch something else at the same time.

17. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    When a Steelers game is on, I'm on the couch or at my desk, focused on the game, towel in hand, with an I.V. and a heart monitor attached. Defibulator is always next to me on the end-table.

:herewego!:

18. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Unless you have actually sat down and watched corn grow you have no room to comment! :popcorn: Besides, you can only do so much cow tipping, tractor racing and inbreeding in one day here in the mid-west.