1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What Team Is Everyone Pulling For Now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by nitrous12, Jan 9, 2012.

1. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It makes me sick to think we will see either the Pats or Rats representing the AFC this year. I hate them both! The Rats only slightly more and only because they are our division rival and because of Flacco's insanely queer mustache.

I'll have to pull for Houston to avoid my 2 most hated teams, but I realize that is a far shot at best.

For the Lombardi I turn to NO. I like that team and the way they play. Completely different style. I would like to see them knock off SF and GB (assuming GB takes care o biness on them Giants).

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    None.

I'm not watching another second of the NFL this year. It's a crappy product. If the Steelers aren't playing, IDGAF.

3. domaug

domaug Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
    i agree with Ray D in that i won't even watch any of the games (except MAYBE the Super Bowl unless the Packers, Pats, or Ravens aren't in it).

if i had to support a team temporarily, it would be any or all of the Saints, Giants, Broncos, and Texans. that's really about it.

4. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Really?

It is getting tough to watch. The very fabric of why I started getting interested in watching and became a Steelers fan is getting destroyed. It has dissappointed me a lot this year and I have questioned if I shouldn't just walk away from it.

That said I still want to see what happens even though I don't care much and can't stand to watch all the media hype and pre game garbage around it.

5. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    This.

6. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We were the only team capable of knocking off the pats (if we were healthy).

I fear a Pats vs Saints or Packers superbowl.

Hate all 3.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Got to pull for the Texans, even though they don't have a shot.

I just can't pull for the Broncos. As much as I'd like to give this team props, I cannot stand the Christian majority holding him up like a juggernaut of faith and virtue. How God will not let him down. It's really sickening, I disliked a few posts on Facebook post by some of them and they deleted it. Apparently you are only supposed to say great things about him. Selective censoring.

Never Baltimore.

I hate the Pats, but if it comes down to the AFC....Pats it is.

I really want the giants or Saints on the other side though. Anyone but the Packers. "Discount Double-check!"

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm going for the Texans I have a thing for girls with southern accents. :-D

in the NFC the other black and gold, I don't want to see the packers win again I used to like Rodgers now he annoys me, I want to smash that belt over his head

9. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I guess the Giants. Nothing too obnoxious about them other than Eli. Would love to see a HOU vs NYG Super Bowl. I could live with either, but will pull for NY because of their DL.

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    :amen: :this!: It's the belt that really pisses me off. Just pushes me over the top.

11. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I like the Saints D they're mean, and they're allowed to hit hard, unlike Pittsburgh we get flagged. Harrison's personal foul for pushing teblow to the ground? give me a break

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Any Team that will give BA a job......

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    :roflmao:

That was a joke of a call. Wonder if Goodell will suspend him the first 4 games of next season?

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    After going low on that receiver, that'll be the next rule change. you can only hit at the belt. I thought he was going to wrap his arms around the guy and do the superman to the ground, but he went low. I can see him breaking legs next year, I wouldn't want him coming at me.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    The sad thing is Ben doesn't get that call.

16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm for the 49ers. I mean really they are kinda what we would like to be. Frank Gore is the kind of runner we like and they play defense. However, I can't stand any Harbaugh and actually I've hated on Jim longer because if you remember he almost beat us out of a trip to the Super Bowl with a lame hail mary pass. But as far as the NFC goes I've always liked the 49ers the best.

17. robsong

robsong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I live in the bay area and I'm sick of the winers. I hope the Saints destroy them and shut up Jim H.

18. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I won't watch another game this season. I'm sickened and embarrassed by yesterday. I may host a SB party, but I will be hosting the party socializing, not watching the game.

20. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    AFC

1st choice - Houston
    2nd choice - Denver

NFC

1st choice - Giants
    2nd choice - Saints

21. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm just going to watch the stupid commercials.

I'm so tired of the inconsistent referreeing in Goodell'S NFL.

What I would really like to see is a 99-98 final score. Afterall, that what Roger really is striving for.

22. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I'm rooting for Denver. If Tebow beats the cheaters & the ratbirds-- he's earned my respect.

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Same here. They have a couple beasts on the team that I enjoy watching- Jason Pierre Paul, Brandon Jacobs to name a couple. I've got a Giants fan in the house anyway, so I might as well pull for them, though they are a pretty inconsistent bunch. As far as the AFC goes, I guess the Texans, but really the rest of the games could just be cancelled for all I care. :lolol:

24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ya the giants have a nice 1 -2 punch as in Bradshaw and Jacobs, I hope ours will be Redman and Dwyer, or Clay

25. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    1. Saints
    2. Giants (class organization)...and this hottie is Art Rooney's and Wellington Mara's great granddaughter:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Mara
    3. Ravens: It would actually HELP the Steelers that a division rival gets to or wins the Super Bowl. I don't think Art III will tolerate polaying second fiddle to the Ravens

If it's the Packers and Patriots, I won't watch. Hate them both.