1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What should we do with Le'Veon Bell?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by brosonke, Jan 29, 2018.

1. brosonke

brosonke Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2018
    I would like to hear some of your input on what should be done with Le'Veon Bell. He claims their closer to a deal but Schefter reports that they haven't even had a meeting yet. I am fine if we sign him for 3yrs and 15mil a year or less for the fact that he is much more than just a running back. If he isn't down for that I say we tag him and if he refuses to sign the tag we see if he is bluffing or not.

Also, wouldn't mind signing a veteran running back for cheap and draft a RB in the middle rounds. By doing this we would free up a lot of cap room to sure up our defense.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Let him go. Top line, best RB, and WR and all it does is look good on nfl stats. Defense is what we need and nothing else.

You score 42 vs jags and lose, yea you have a problem

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Non exclusive tag him and let him see if he can find a team willing to give up two one picks to sign him, it's that simple....

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I would look to trade him on draft day for a 1st round top 10 draft pick and then go after a MLB or LOLB or DE. If no takers or top players available at those positions I would then tag him. Preferable trade would be out of conference.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    They cant tag him after the draft since it is in April and the deadline to tag players is 4 p.m. ET on March 1..........

6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

What is XLIXX on your avatar?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. Not to mention hes not their property right now. Cant trade him to anyone.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Let Bell go into FA. Use the money we would spend on Bell and get a good free agent NT and ILB. Draft Free Safety in the 1st round. Draft RB in the 2nd round.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    That's also another good point.....

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Thank you for clarifying my obvious ignorance of how the off season works.

I would then have to tag him and hope some team trades for him. If no offers are good enough then we will see the same as this year with the holdout.

11. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Let someone else overpay for him and laugh about it while making an extra 3rd pick in the 2019 draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tag him.

Draft a stud young RB.

Rescind the tag and let him walk. (I think you can rescind a tag at anytime if he doesn't sign?)

If you don't find a guy in the draft just resign him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Yeah they can rescind the tag anytime before the player signs of course he becomes an unrestricted FA and we get nothing for him in return, that's what the panthers did with Josh Norman......

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Good catch

15. TOMSTEEL88

TOMSTEEL88 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yea watch if we let him go and them idiots in New England would pick him up. That would make me puke

• Like Like x 1
  16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Its a shame we can't deal him for really good ILB or Safety

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    they would not overpay him and he wants $$$

I would love for pats to take him lol. They are a system organization. They aren't defined by position. They do what it takes to win, cheating included lol

18. brosonke

brosonke Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2018
    It's actually off of the Steelers app on the iPhone when you first log in. Check it out for yourself.

19. Drew j dirksen

Drew j dirksen New Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Hes an overrated druggie let him walk

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope Steelers will listen to all offers after we tag him.

21. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The problem is the Steelers can tag him but if he don't sign the tag then who is gonna trade for him, who is gonna take the risk on him not playing? Diamond has the right call with the Non exclusive tag if we don't work out a deal.
    Bell is so much of this offense and with us being at the end with Ben no way am I willing to try and find a guy who can do so much in the Pass game, run game and pass protection. Bell wants a ton of money cause he knows he is worth it. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    He's already said he'd miss training camp and "maybe" see you week 1. Let him walk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Bell has turned into a real POS. He talks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time. He is good but not quite as good as he thinks he is. I think he will be a major distraction this year. He must be feeling a little ignored because he is starting that BS about if the Steelers tag him he will retire. We need to play the game to get as much as we can for him and then go on without him.JMO

24. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I think most folks are tired of his crap. Tag him and hope someone signs him to an offer. Let him go and take the draft picks. That’s about all you can do with him. He thinks he’s worth far more than he really is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Dont worry about the pats signing him, they arent stupid enough to pay him what he wants especially giving up two one picks to clinch the deal........