1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What positions are in play at pick #20?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Mar 16, 2022.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Same here. Though I personally do not believe the Steelers will pass on Pickett. I would imagine that the Panthers take Pickett.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You are saying He will fall 2 us at 20????:shrug:

3. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

It is possible.

I would not write it in stone though.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well they better run 2 the stage with that pick then.

5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

.... assuming Malik is gone they will. Otherwise I doubt it.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not what I want 2 hear. LoL

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

As does many.

However, given how much the Steelers FO and Brass have given so much attention to Willis... should he be within striking distance... I fail to honestly see any other player worth trading up for. Sadly... that would include the likes of both Hamilton and Stingley Jr. as well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Have mocks always been this insane? I've seen them in the past but not with such a keen eye. They're so-all-over-the-place that it's just mind-boggling. One PFF mock got the Steelers trading up to #10 to select Desmond Ridder. I think I'd gouge out my eyes with a toothpick if that was to really happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would help you
    If this would happen, I would help you. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Ayooo... that's too hilarious

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I don't think we are trading up for Ridder, but I wouldn't be shocked in the lease if he is the pick at #20. I actually like Ridder. I think he would be a fine selection for us.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Chris Simms said that our #1 priority should be the defensive line.

Heyward, Tuitt, and Tyson, are not exactly a bunch of dependable spring chickens here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Daniel Jeremiah's mock has Jordan Davis still available at #20 but he has the Steelers passing on Davis and selecting Pickett. Ugh!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    But backed up by adams, loudermilk and wormley they are a pretty good group.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    ILB need's shored up, I think Jack will make a big difference. Now if we can get Bush to play somewhat respectful we may have a better run defense.He stinks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree. i think the LB spot is way more needed then DL in this draft. it will be interesting what they do with avery. he can play both inside and out. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    That group right there along with Heyward was the worst defense against the run last year. We absolutely need to consider the defensive line. I realize the linebackers didn’t help us last year but stopping the run starts with the defensive line.

18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Two young players and a quality back up. The D Line will be fine enough just with the addition of Alualu and (hopefully) Tuitt. We are hoping and expecting Loudermilk to get better, as well as Adams. We have other areas of higher importance to shore up before we worry too much about the D Line. QB, WR, S, ILB, and OL are all bigger needs at the moment. We cant fix it all at once. Next year I would expect us to take a look at adding a DL in the first 3 rounds, but nothing more than a late round flier at the position this year I would think (*unless of course someone like Davis is available, then you think about going that route lol)

• Like Like x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    We also played a lot of nickel with only two down linemen. Alualu didn't play and loudermilk was a rookie and played sparingly until later in the year. Adams was not here all year either. Carlos Davis was also out most of last year. Many of those were not teams lining up and running the ball at us either. Many were QBs taking off out of the pocket. Our coaching changes should help. I'm not sure it's as much a player problem as it was a scheme problem. :cool:

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I would be pissed off personally if this were to happen. Jordan Davis is not just a mere NT contrary to popular belief. He is essentially what Stephon Tuitt is + way more athleticism. People tend to forget that Tuitt had ridiculous levels of potential coming out in spite of his injury. Jordan Davis is basically that but more.... MUCH more.

Now, Kyle Hamilton is a bit more likely but again... not holding my breath. Barring a trade up... not happening.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

$10 says Brandon Smith is the 4th Round Pick. Could be gone by three though however I have an early day three grade on him. Besides, him coming in as a rotational piece would augment his development in a good way.

Not only that, he is as every bit of a physical freak as Myles Jack is.

• Like Like x 1
  22. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Could understand why he could be the pick here. That said, Brad Holmes was the then St. Louis Rams GM when they drafted the likes of Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Chris Long and Robert Quinn. More than likely... Detroit is using the whole "Malik Interest" as a smokescreen to generate interest given how much teams are willing to fork over draft capital wise for one........

... which is what the likes of me, @Steel_Elvis, @Blast Furnace, @SteelersFanIrl and @steelersrule6 have been stating long since the Pre Combine.....

*** SHOCKING!!! ***

• Like Like x 1
  23. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Mac, did you see the game against the Vikings last year?

• Like Like x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Something needs to happen at Bush's spot, he is a liability in the passing game.And is becoming one in the run game.

25. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Not at 20 he wouldn't be.

• Agree Agree x 1