1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

what position?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Apr 23, 2012.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    what position do you think would have the best chance to start for us as a rookie in this draft?

i think o-line. the last two top draft picks have started as rookies. whats yours? :cool:

2. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah Mac, I think OL as well. I'd be inclined to say CB if we get Gilmore, but I think OL is the safest bet since there isn't a complex defense to master. RB would be a pretty safe bet, too.

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Any guard in the top 4 rounds would start week 1. After that, everyone will be in a legitimate battle, including Hightower if we were to get him. A battle if they're lucky. We could wind up with some high picks on positions that are not open for business.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  5. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Without question the OL.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I vote for Guard too.

Hightower sure has a shot to start though, he appears like someone who would grasp this defense quickly.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'll ring the OG bell, too. I don't see Hightower starting out of the gate.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i figured we would have one or two NT's thrown in here. :? :cool:

9. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think that the only NT available who would have an opportunity to start is Josh Chapman. So if we land him.. maybe.

10. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I agree with the consensus, that guard is the most likely to start. I tend to agree with HUGESNACK though that I think any G, I will say in the first 3 rounds not 4, will have a shot to start this year. I think we currently have these guys who will make the roster:

Gilbert, Legursky, Pouncey, Foster, Colon, Essex, J. Scott. With Essex losing weight, he may truly be able to play anywhere on the line now which means he could be listed as a T as easily as a G. In that case, I think we will see only 9 Olineman on the team. I expect we may take 2 in the draft, maybe both in the top 3 rounds. Legursky is the first one to let go of his starting role, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Foster lose his by say week 7.

11. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I think that OG and ILB are the ONLY two positions that could start with us Day 1. You could make a case for NT if Hampton starts on PUP.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't remember the last ILB that started day one. kirkland? bell played but did he start? none under tomlin. :cool:

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No question in my mind that it's Guard (barring training camp/preseason injuries).

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    well, it looks like we got the position right and we will have a new starter at guard. tee hee hee. i can't get this grin off my face that he dropped right to us. :D :cool: