1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What other teams do you cheer for?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by shaner82, Oct 26, 2011.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I have you slightly beat as a Pitt fan - 55 years! My Dad got us season tix for the 62, 63 and 64 season and then we moved to Cali in 65. The 63 season was very memorable with a 9-1 record and only loss to a Roger Staubach led Navy. There was some shenanigans at the end of the season regarding holding out for a certain Bowl game and Pitt didn't get the nod and all other games had already selected teams - so they didn't go anywhere that year and hadn't been to a bowl game since '56 and wouldn't go again until '73. That's back when there were only 6 or so bowl games with almost all on New Year's day. Pitt hoops are a mess and to think all those fans demanding that Jamie Dixon be fired year after year - well now they got their answer - zilch!

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I miss old Pitt Stadium, had many enjoyable days in that stadium. Yes our athletic situation is at a low point.

I had hope for Narduzzi and still possibly do but I am not sure he has full support of the administration? and can recruit with big boys?

As for Stallings I wasn't thrilled with the hire, although to his credit has former players in NBA.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Nice to see another Oriole fan.

In order

Steelers
    Orioles
    UGA
    Falcons
    Braves

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Nfl: Steelers
    Nba: 76ers
    Mlb: Yankees
    Cfl: calgary

5. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Steelers
    Penguins
    Peyton Manning - when he was with Denver

I also like the Arizona Cardinals and Coyotes (NHL)

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers
    76ers
    Reds
    Numerous hockey teams (Red Wings, Rangers, Islanders, Penguins, Maple Leafs)
    Notre Dame, Indiana University

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lakers, Army Football, Ferrari in F1.

8. RatbirdHater

RatbirdHater Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Steelers
    Pens
    76ers
    Villanova
    Mets

9. Illini_Steeler

Illini_Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2016
    St Louis Cardinals
    University of Illinois

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Steelers, Pens. Miss the glory days of Pitt football. Real sad to see what it has become, same as the Pirates. Wish Nutting would sell the team to an owner that's wants to win while making money, not one that owns the team JUST to make money. Use to really enjoy NASCAR, but Brian France has managed to ruin it. Now, we have not terribly talented youngsters with money buying rides instead of earning the right, same thing that started with Indy car racing in the late 70's. I also absolutely love dirt track racing. Sprint cars and Northeast style Big Block Modifieds. Some of the best times and memories I have are from going to the races with friends and family. Still going after 46 years.

11. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Love the Penguins! Other than that I like watching college football and UFC. Like the Pirates but haven't kept up with baseball in years and won't until MLB gets a salary cap (never?).

12. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Penguins
    Boston Red Sox
    Penn State
    Chicago Cubs since our owner won't spend any money