1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What moves would you make?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dominilate, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think my assessment of his value is more realistic.

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I think you forgot 5 offensive lineman

4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm open to most of that especially Tuitt. He's the 2nd highest paid player this year and hasn't played a game. Outside of a few games in his whole career he's been a huge letdown.

Only thing I don't agree with is James Washington. I'd offer him like 5-6 mill per a year. Especially if we're going to lose Juju. I think James Washington would excel in his role. Although we might be able to get Juju for that much after this years production. You know he's kicking himself for not going with the Ravens over this.

I feel like you have to pay Minkah after what you gave up for him. 14-15 mill per a year.

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    ROONEY LOVES THE PARADE!!!!

NOTHING is changing....

6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i like Washington. Drafting Claypool was the wrong move. Great talent, BUT we had enough WR's at the time. Needed an OLINEMAN there, clearly we ALL can see that....

7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I disagree. Claypool was needed because we needed a true deep threat. The problem was they drafted Washington thinking he'd be the deep threat like he was in college and that never panned out. He's built like a FB and doesn't have that elite speed like a Tyreek Hill to get separation. He's too short to make those Claypool type of jump ball plays down the sideline. Washington would be better in a Juju role making combat catches over the middle. This year would've been perfect to find out and let Juju go and spend that money on other areas of need. Maybe we will finally find out next year.

8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Claypool is a one trick pony right now. and this is not to dis him. He is an amazing athlete and talent for sure. and he does not have blazing speed. We will disagree on this. We NEEDED C, G and T with #2 last draft. that is clearly evident now. you WIN in the trenches and ours suck....

and yes - we could have used the JUJU money to 'buy' our future left T or G or C. any of the 3. FO mistakes for sure.

9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Trade Ben for Watson straight up. Both sides get a QB who can’t play. Fair trade

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm not disagreeing with the o-line needs. I've been screaming for a Pouncey replacement for 2 years. I wanted them to draft Tyler Biadasz instead of a running back we never use. You can look at a lot of misused picks but I don't think Claypool is one. Look at 2019... Layne, Snell, and Gentry. This offense was at it's best when they had a deep threat to take the top off the defense and demand somebody over the top so AB could work underneath. When Bryant left it got tougher for AB because they started double and triple teaming him every play and that's when it opened up for Juju. Last year only worked when it did because of Claypool deep.

11. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Start Taco and Joseph, see what happens.

12. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    A RT would be a good get but the whole OL doesn’t need replacing

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They aren't any better, they're on the practice squad for a reason.

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Madden franchise mode strikes again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    James Conner has 4 Tds in 2 games lol.

16. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm loading up with whatever draft picks I can obtain to surround Mason Rudolph with as much talent as I can get. Along with some free agent acquisitions, I think if we build the offense and put some more pieces on defense we can compete.

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. It's still hope.....

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He's has a better offensive line....

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    With a Way better O- line , and a way better Defense.
    If our Defense was that good We would Be 4- 0 right now.
    That Ravens Defense caused....49 turnovers , and Kept 6 teams 2 three points or less.

19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Claypool is a Ben pick, Steelers give him something good about every year. Agree that a lineman O or D could have helped more.

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Claypole is not a one trick pony, His physical talent is immense, you just have to
    have someone that can hit him in stride and not get him killed .

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Roster is not the dumpster fire that some are making out. The OLine and QB are killing the offence and the defence is just too hurt to maintain what they have done in recent seasons. OLine is a very young group playing poorly but it has some guys like Dotson and Green that could be fine long term if the coaching is good.

Obviously they need to find a QB, if they have a high first round pick they may get somebody in the draft, otherwise you wait, put a Rudolph in and bring in a free agent to compete with him and give the team another option if he is a disaster. After that, bolster the OLine and secondary between the draft and free agency and get some depth. I’d keep at least one of Washington or Juju if possible

I had my doubts about Ben and Canada working together but I didn’t imagine it would go this badly. If they lose a few more games they may as well take a look at Rudolph.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Claypool is being limited by his role in the offense as much as anything. That goes back to the limitations of the offense due to Roethlisberger and/or Canada and the lack of pass protection.

What lineman were they getting who was going to help them not only this season but also long-term, for a one-year, $8 million deal? That's what they really spent on Smith-Schuster. Seriously. Who did they miss out on then?

23. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They could have re-signed Feiler he signed for three years $20m with the chargers that was very manageable for the Steelers. They obviously wanted to move on for whatever reason, or maybe Matt wanted to move on, IDK. He is no world beater but he is almost certainly better than Dotson and Turner right now.

After that there were a lot of journeymen types available in free agency, Moses, Leno, Blythe etc. None of them were going to be long term solutions but they possibly could have helped out for a season while Green and Moore found their feet. Teams typically don’t let good OLine players walk away so pickings are normally very slim in free agency. They were never going to have a good line this year no matter what they did, but perhaps they could have done some damage limitation. The way Ben is playing it is debatable if it would have mattered anyway.

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    And Kyler Murray...

25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    so, Connor was not THE problem - he and SUCK Fichtner took the fall, but TOMLIN really is still to blame for it all, he and ROONEY of course. We have needed OLINEman for 2 years and have failed in drafting and/or developing or using FA