1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT IS YOUR GAME PLAN TO STOP THE PATS?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Wardismvp, Jan 18, 2017.

1. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You know what.... if Bos kicks 10 field goals... I would hope we also dominated Time Of Possession (and then went pass happy again in the red zone) so yeah :)

2. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    My game plan is to flood the frequency used on their coach to player headsets with The Cook & Poni show. Then shrug off any accusations against me as I try to convince people that its a plausible coincidence. Because you know, radios. Finicky little things.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. iSteelDark

iSteelDark Member

Dec 17, 2016
    For me, it's pretty simple:
    We must intercept a pass or recover a fumble on defense, so that we can take the ball back to our locker room and measure its air pressure. Cheats caught red-handed, we win by forfeit. How do we get a turnover against Brady? Just ask the Raider- oh, wait...

4. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    The officiating crew for this game: Averages the most offensive holding penalties/game.4.7...expect some of Bells runs to come back-putting us in some long yardage situations.

Most offensive PI calls/game. 1

Only 3 roughing QB all season

Just some things to consider....it would be worth hitting Brady when normally pulling up to stop.

If we are to Pound Bell, we will get the majority of the holding calls as NE is not as run-heavy of an Offense.

I'm aware we have to play our game and let the refs do their job, but when it comes to all facets of such an important game-let's hope our players are aware of what the zebras tend to focus on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Things I would like to see in no particular order:
    1. Get defensive pressure up the middle with Timmons and shazier to get to Brady quickly.
    2. Offensive line must continue to dominate and give Ben time.
    3. Limit turnovers.
    4. Better red zone production.
    5. Limit big plays down field (this KILLED Houston).
    6. Implement more screens, quick slants, and passes to bell out of the backfield to get ball out of Ben's hands quickly. More play action when bell is running successfully to keep defense honest.

Let's get this done boys!

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    DHB

If the double AB, DHB has the speed to make big plays.

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    M-16 usually slows folks down. Not talking M_I_6 either like jimmy bond

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    AK47 when you absolutely have to kill every last mofo accept no substitute.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    elfin A

11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Gotta limit yards after the catch for Edelman and especially Deon Lewis (he is who scares me the most this week).

12. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Where are you pulling this data from, smooth? The AFCCG officiating crew is a hodgepodge, with seven guys from six different regular-season crews. Does the above data account for that?

East.

Yrs 2016 crew College Occupation
    R 77 Terry McAulay 19 Louisiana State
    U 49 Rich Hall 13 (Boger) Arizona
    HL 106 Wayne Mackie 10 (Hussey) Colgate
    LJ 9 Mark Perlman 16 (Vinovich) Salem
    FJ 3 Scott Edwards 18 (Triplette) Alabama
    SJ 41 Boris Cheek 21 (Morelli) Morgan State
    BJ 112 Tony Steratore 17 (Boger) California (Pa.)

13. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They will try to establish the run early and I think we will be ready this time. Harrison full time now and Dupree didn't play in the regular season game so I think that alone gives us a nice boost. Remember how the Ravens go in there and and slug it out with them? We have to be physical with them, especially Brady. On offense Ben has to be flawless, it's time to go get it. Use Bell in the passing game early and often. Let DWill get some reps too, they are preparing to shut down Bell and his style of running is different than Bell's. I want to see them thump Brady and Blount especially, if we can't win we can soften them up for the NFC.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Yes. Make sure that Timmons is not covering either of them in space. Rewind to the last time we played the cheats. Have to get pressure from 4. Take away bradys options and hit him. And hit him again. And again and again. Going to need a a good push from the middle and have Shaz fly in and blast him a few. The soft zone is what scares me. I would like to see a bit more man coverage.

Run the cleats off of Bell. Quick no huddle, play action. I feel that the hoodie will try his best to stop Bell. The O Line is playing out of their minds and would love nothing more then to pound the cheats D into submission. keep brady fuming on the sidelines.

Ben needs to be spot on. I understand that picks happen and it's not always the QB's fault but if he throws multiple picks the party's over. He has to have the game of his life, flawless.

GO Steelers, time to break the curse of the cheats...

15. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Lewis had 2 catches for 23 yards against the texans and only 41 yards rushing, not exactly scary, edelman and amandola are the two to worry about, and amandola did next to nothing last week zero yards receiving 1 15 yard run, expect them to be targeted in this game though and if we lock them down, then hogan bennet lewis and white will be a problem, we have plenty of receiving threats to keep us busy on defense and we cant cover them all.......

16. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  17. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    So McAulay doesn't get to bring his entire crew.....that was not factored in Clive.
    IMG_9531.PNG

18. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    "You always were an *******, Brady"

19. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Any plan to beat the Pats must contain a couple of things IMO.

1. Ability to control the ball.
    2. Ability to put pressure on the QB without blitzing.
    3. Solid Red Zone D. You are going to give up points, but you can't give up a TD EVERY time they hit the red zone.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm so nervous for this game I can barely eat.

The implications to this game are crazy huge.

I'm not ready for this journey to end

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    1. Don't allow Timmons in pass coverage or Harrison for that matter. Just too slow.
    2. Need to get to Brady.
    3. When their receivers catch the ball, make them pay for it.
    4. Don't settle for field goals.
    5. Our punter and kicker needs to pin them back with good ST coverage.
    6. Wrap up on tackles.
    7. Ben needs to throw over the hands of the defense. All defenses seem to knock down many of his passes.
    8. Ben can't have any turnovers.
    9. Don't allow their defense to stop Bell. Bell is the key to our win.
    10. No zone defense, need man on man.
    11. Corner back blitz a couple three times. It's worked against Brady before.
    12. When our sidelines headsets go down, Tomlin needs to throw his headset out in the middle of the field
    and Rooney needs to call the Goodell that moment. Let everyone know the cheating they are doing.
    13. Win the battles at the line of scrimmage.
    14. Our receivers need to catch what they can touch.
    15. Ben needs to have a great game.
    16. Coaches need to do some type of out coaching or wrinkles in the game plan.
    17. Brown and everyone that isn't named Brown on offense needs to step the hell up.
    18. I'd like to see some schemes with Timmons going for sacks. Stunts, delayed blitz or something to get to Brady.
    19. James Harrison needs to bring it every play and get to Brady.
    20. Refs can't favor Brady and the Cheats as they always do.
    21. When Harrison is being held, the Steeler coaches or Harrison or whomever need to ride the refs about it until they start throwing flags.

Listening to the radio, talking heads, New England and their fans don't give the Steelers a chance and are predicting a blowout against the Steelers.
    They have good reason to expect these results. I guess this is how it feels to be a Bengals or Browns fan. I still believe the Patriots have gained all
    their success by cheating. Once a cheat always a cheat.

22. Sojourner

Sojourner Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2015
    As I'm sure others have already said one of the keys to winning this game is to smack Brady in the mouth a few times. When he gets hit he loses it.
    Other than that we just go out and execute. Everyone and their grandmother expects us to run the wheels off of Le'Veon Bell this game. Good and I hope we do because if he and the oline can get us 150+ yards rushing and our D plays as well as they have been lately I think we'll all be happy campers after the game.

The Cheatriots aren't invincible and we aren't exactly pushovers either. Oorah!

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm thinking about giving Tonya Harding a call right now to see if she can find out where Brady is dining tonight. Maybe she could park next to him.;)

24. steelersfansince84

steelersfansince84 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    If steelers get the ball first I would love for them to come out no huddle like in 04 vs indy. Come out throwing and score fast

25. lvsteelersfan

lvsteelersfan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2015
    Why don't we go to the Pats Hotel room at 3:00 a.m. and set off the fire alarms? Yeah, that's the ticket.