1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

what is your favorite steeler quote of all time?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by americamade2012, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    "We're coming from everywhere. We play with 15 guys in the huddle. We have guys parachuting from airplanes, fans coming from out of the stands to help us go after people."
    Kevin Greene.

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike!" -- Myron Cope

3. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    James Harrsion - " if I cant play, cant nobody play, LIGHTS OUT!" tweet before the SF game this year...this was freakin hilarious.

4. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    By far!

5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Couldn't stop laughing at Elway scared of Lambert

6. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    " They aint so tuff, smash mouth football baby, Pittsburgh style". Jerome Bettis. Sidline comment during game with Chicago.

"We are the intimidators not the intimidated". Jack Lambert's remark after SB X. Lambert threw Cliff Harris to the ground after Harris patted Roy Gerela on the helmet after missing a chip shot field goal.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    "Time to be great!...That's how you be great!" Holmes

wish he had a chance to be great with the B&G in last year's SB

8. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Lambert throw down is probably one of my all time favorite Steelers moments! :herewego:

9. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    everything that you love about haley is everything that scares the living S out of me about him.

i get that some want a guy who is brash, but there's a difference between being brash and being arrogant.

i can't stand that quote you've used for your 'sig'. it reeks of a primadona, dictatorial, arrogant bastard. he's NOT the head coach. he's supposed to come in (as an assistant coach) with an 'aw shucks' attitude, been an alumnus from the 'bull durham school of press conferences', and just say all the right things. better quotes WOULD HAVE been: "i'm just thrilled to have an opportunity to coach within this tremendous organization. this is mike tomlin's team. we'll work together to find the right vision so i can help mike take this team where it needs to go. this is ben's offense. he's a marquee quarterback and i'm going to work with ben to find out how we can best utilize his talents to get this team another super bowl."

instead he lays down this 'my way or the highway' attitude. it sucks. i don't think he's a good leader. i hope to hell he's a damn good offensive coordinator.

10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

Chillax, Wonderer. I really believe that Todd Haley is just what the doctor ordered for Ben. Ben has gotten soft, period. BA DID NOT bring out the best in Ben. Haley will make sure that Ben is focused on preparation, game planning, in-game adjustments, etc. You've heard that old biblical adage that iron sharpens iron. Haley is a guy that will sharpen the tools he has in the shed and use his best tools to his advantage. He proved that as the OC in Arizona when they had a potent passing attack and he proved it in KC when they led the league with the number one running attack. He knows how to get the most out of the players that he has. I happen to love my sig. My favorite player of all time for the Steelers is Jack Lambert and I think he would have loved it too. Football is not a game for sensitivity. Maybe you've got to be diplomatic at times, but at times you've got to look your player in the eye and tell him exactly what you think about that stupid interception he just threw or that stupid sack he just took that knocked them out of FG range. If you goof, you've got to be called on it. Did you ever see BA get on Ben? Did you see Bill O''Brien, the Pats OC, crawl the hide of arguably the greatest QB of our era? Geez, Loueez. We can't be afraid of hurting little Ben's feelings now can we?! Come on guys, this is the NFL. I think Haley is the best possible option at the OC position and I fully expect Ben to finally join the land of the elite QBs. A status that has eluded him at this point in his career largely because BA accepted less than Ben's best!

11. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

Chillax, Wonderer. I really believe that Todd Haley is just what the doctor ordered for Ben. Ben has gotten soft, period. BA DID NOT bring out the best in Ben. Haley will make sure that Ben is focused on preparation, game planning, in-game adjustments, etc. You've heard that old biblical adage that iron sharpens iron. Haley is a guy that will sharpen the tools he has in the shed and use his best tools to his advantage. He proved that as the OC in Arizona when they had a potent passing attack and he proved it in KC when they led the league with the number one running attack. He knows how to get the most out of the players that he has. I happen to love my sig. My favorite player of all time for the Steelers is Jack Lambert and I think he would have loved it too. Football is not a game for sensitivity. Maybe you've got to be diplomatic at times, but at times you've got to look your player in the eye and tell him exactly what you think about that stupid interception he just threw or that stupid sack he just took that knocked them out of FG range. If you goof, you've got to be called on it. Did you ever see BA get on Ben? Did you see Bill O''Brien, the Pats OC, crawl the hide of arguably the greatest QB of our era? Geez, Loueez. We can't be afraid of hurting little Ben's feelings now can we?! Come on guys, this is the NFL. I think Haley is the best possible option at the OC position and I fully expect Ben to finally join the land of the elite QBs. A status that has eluded him at this point in his career largely because BA accepted less than Ben's best![/quote:reeson3k]

i'll "chillax" once i see this offense performing fluidly. trust me when i say that i want you to be 1000% right and me to be 1000% wrong on the subject of todd haley. i'll gladly feel foolish for ever doubted haley in the first place.

it's just that after reading thousands of books on business/leadership/psychology/etc, having worked with/consulted/trained hundreds of organizations and, based on my own experience running two companies . . . there's a lot to be said for the human/behavioral dynamics within an organization and it's just my read (opinion) on the situation, but i don't see haley/ben as an 'iron sharpens iron' situation, i see it as more of a combustible chemistry experiment. it's why so many companies make their employees/prospective employees do behavioral tests like DISK and STAR. they need to know if they were a good fit for the organization. i've worked with leaders of companies that didn't hire star prospects because they tested too smart and, therefore, wouldn't perform well in the specific role they were interviewing for.

i don't really care for haley's attitude. this is, what, his third job in four years? and the previous two don't want him back?

i'll have faith once the season kicks off. until then . . . it's just gonna be hard for me to "chillax" on this subject. besides, message boards NEED polarizing viewpoints to survive. i'll bring the 'haley hatorade' to this picnic.

12. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    i'll "chillax" once i see this offense performing fluidly. trust me when i say that i want you to be 1000% right and me to be 1000% wrong on the subject of todd haley. i'll gladly feel foolish for ever doubted haley in the first place.

it's just that after reading thousands of books on business/leadership/psychology/etc, having worked with/consulted/trained hundreds of organizations and, based on my own experience running two companies . . . there's a lot to be said for the human/behavioral dynamics within an organization and it's just my read (opinion) on the situation, but i don't see haley/ben as an 'iron sharpens iron' situation, i see it as more of a combustible chemistry experiment. it's why so many companies make their employees/prospective employees do behavioral tests like DISK and STAR. they need to know if they were a good fit for the organization. i've worked with leaders of companies that didn't hire star prospects because they tested too smart and, therefore, wouldn't perform well in the specific role they were interviewing for.

i don't really care for haley's attitude. this is, what, his third job in four years? and the previous two don't want him back?

i'll have faith once the season kicks off. until then . . . it's just gonna be hard for me to "chillax" on this subject. besides, message boards NEED polarizing viewpoints to survive. i'll bring the 'haley hatorade' to this picnic.[/quote:186ghp4o]

I understand the concern. Like you, I have been in leadership and managerial roles for my entire career. I've read books on the subject of leadership but most importantly, I've lived it. The healthiest workplace relationships are the ones where you are not afraid to speak your mind without fear of reprisal and you are willing to listen to constructive criticism without wearing your feelings on your sleeves. Haley said himself at the press conference that he does speak his mind but he also realizes that as a result he has to allow others to speak their minds as well. I think we've all got to get over the fear that Ben's going to have his feelings hurt irreparably by Todd Haley. Did you read the Kurt Warner interview? He happens to think, and many others do too, that Haley's leadership style is very effective. He holds you accountable. If you fail to deliver he will confront you. He will also allow you to blowback. This can be a healthy thing. I for one am sick and tired of the mediocrity that the Steelers offense has settled for over the last few years. I've said it before but I would rather see Haley and Ben in an animated discussion about the offense after we've once again failed to convert in the red zone rather than BA and Ben discussing who is going to be making dinner reservations for that evening.

13. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
  14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Mine too! :clapping: