1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE JETS?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Wardismvp, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My God I am not sure what they are seeing but apparently it is a lot.

They have been ROBBED.

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Agreed....... they could still have gotten one of the top qb's if they stayed put, which leads me to believe that they are pushing for barkley

3. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    They jumped Clevelands #4 and Denver so it has to be for a QB, not Barkley.

If Cleveland takes QB Darnold with #1 I don't think the NY Giants will pass on RB Saquan Barkley. That would give the Jets QB Rosen or Allen now whereas they could have missed out on all three of the top QB's if Cleveland took a QB, NY Giants took a QB, and Denver also took a QB.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Disastrous trade imo.

The Jets have way too many holes to give up 3 2nd round picks.

Yes, I'm sure they will be able to draft either Darnold or Rosen at #3. They really better hope who they take pans out.

This trade is going to hurt them as is, if their pick busts, the Jets will be in the basement of the AFC East for years to come.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I really think this is bad for the J.E.T.S. Colts fleeced this team.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    But the giants traded their top pass rusher pierre paul to the bucs, which most likely puts them in the hunt for a pass rusher and chubb fits that bill, or they trade down a few spots, get some extra picks and still get him....I agree the jets are a lock to draft a top 3 QB.....

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  7. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I would have to think the Giants will be trading down. Whoever wants a QB bad enough.

8. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    The only team in range of trading with the NY Giants is Denver and they're not going to do it. If they were considering that move they would not have signed Case Keenum. Buffalo at #12 and Arizona at #15 are just too far away to move all the way up to #2 and, if I were the NY Giants there is no way I would trade out of that spot because RB Saquon Barkley might be there.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Who could they possibly want while essentially selling their kidney for?

Makes little to no sense as I see it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    I could see the cards trading up to 2, the chiefs moved up 17 spots last year to get mahomes they traded their 27spot ist round a 3 and their 1 pick in this years draft, the cards could do it if they want a top QB bad enough, probably have to trade 4 picks to get there 2 picks in this draft and 2 picks in next years draft but I saw the rams do it so it's not out of the realm of possibility, they have a lot of media and fan pressure to trade up in this draft to get a top QB, the eagles did it to get wentz, they traded to the browns The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder..........

11. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    These head coach's know they have 2 years to start winning or they are going to be fired so they don't really care whether they sacrifice the future of a team.

12. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011

Don't the Bidwell's still own the Cards? I don't see them moving this far. Go with Bradford until Jackson
    is mentored in pro game.

13. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    I could be wrong but I don't think Jackson will be on the board at 15, and the Bidwells are spending big time since the son Michael took over operations a few years ago, he spends money and will trade up if he has too in this draft, he's a lot different from his tightwad dad bill....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  14. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    They're targeting "six or seven" guys :facepalm:

15. Mr.HammerZz

Mr.HammerZz Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    I know one thing, they pick in the top ten A LOT and haven't been relevant in years so something's gotta give?!:shrug: