1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What in the world is wrong with AB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by defva, Jan 16, 2017.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a single video from Brown since the incident. He either knows he screwed up on his own or got torn a new one.

2. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    What is Tomlin supposed to say? We are gonna go to NE, and lose to those nice young men? F that! Some of you act as if you have never played competitive sports. I played basketball for many years, in some very competitive places all around, and not once would we think or believe we were gonna take a loss. We'd talk crap to the other guys the day before, during, and after. Nobody ever had to get us ready for a game, so it doesn't matter what MT says. My issue with AB is there is a TEAM meeting, and he's around the corner. Use those hands to catch that TD, and put down your cell.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SteelerJJ

Oct 16, 2011

Antonio Cromartie called Brady an a--- before the 2011 playoff and the Jets won. Maybe it's a good thing.....

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Ike said he fully expects Tomlin to institute a no phone policy in team meetings and film study. He said he didn't think he'd go so far as to limit them from the locker room but he thinks there will for sure be ramifications internally from this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    and to think i thought belichick didn't have a sense of humor

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah when I saw that I laughed like crazy. I actually think he has an awesome sense of humor. Really dry and dismissive. Almost like Steven Wright who I find really hilarious. If people think Tomlin says nothing to the press then man they really should check out how Bill talks to them. He has literally mastered the art of saying nothing. It's odd that the media has such a love affair with the guy because he clearly just makes fun of them constantly and pretty much never answers a single question.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Now the question is, can they make it 10 in a row?

:steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

I got to see some of our boys bare chests and butts. :D

Seriously, I'm a female. Yes, it's true. Boys will be boys and I don't really need to see nor want to know what goes on in a men's locker room. I think that should remain sacred amongst teammates.

Antonio should have been present for Tomlin's speech, alongside Ben, and practicing what Ben was preaching.

With that being said, I do think the media is making far too much of this, but that's what they do to generate clicks, ratings, likes, shares, etc.

Antonio needs to stop with all the selfishness and focus on how to catch some of those balls that slip through his fingers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  9. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Like Lady Steel, I appreciated the chests and asses in towels. :D

Frankly, I don't care what AB does as long as we win. If he shows up and does what we need, there is no issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AB has to settle down, we know their are a lot of fish to fry for him but as Lady Steel says
    the locker room is not one of them. People you do realize AB is paid a tidy some from Face book, I believe a quarter of a million dollars/year. It's not the right place AB stop it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    If you see this as such a big deal, you're pointing your anger at the wrong person. TOMLIM if anyone should be taking the blame for the simple fact that he clearly had absolutely no ground rules for this kind of thing.

Again, I don't see it as a huge deal. But if you're gonna be pissed at anyone, it should be Tomlin for not establishing any official rule on it. If there's some kind of rule where he doesn't mind as long as it's not during his speech, then AB needs to suck it up and make a public apology because in that case hes making Tomlin look like the guy without rules

12. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Honest question...where did you see Facebook pays him $250,000 a year?

13. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    You know, AB was wrong for what he did. But, the Patriots are what Tomlin called them. From cheating, video taping, deflategate, winning all the time, etc. What an embarrassing organization. If you need to do that stuff to win games, then what does that tell you? They need to get there act together and play the right way. Even then, they still win all the time. Every team in the league either hates or is jealous of the Patriots. Wouldn't you be jealous of the Patriots if they kept winning all the time? If I was a Patriots fan, which I'm not and will never be, I would be happy that our team won 4 Super Bowls with Brady.

I'm glad that I'm young because once Brady retires, he will be in the HOF and a new heir will take his place. I hope this team sinks and opens up the door for other teams to win a SB.

Their 4 SB wins:

Patriots vs. Rams
    Patriots vs. Panthers
    Patriots vs. Eagles
    Patriots vs. Seahawks

The Rams and Seahawks already won a SB. The Panthers and Eagles lost to Brady and this is why they don't have a ring yet. Those 2 games against the Panthers and Eagles came within 3 points of tying the game. That was their best chance at winning a SB.

What can I say, the Patriots keep winning, but when Brady retires, does that changes everything? Is Garoppolo the answer?

We will find out when Brady hangs up his cleats...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  15. SteelerJJ

Oct 16, 2011
    At this point, I do wonder if Brown's play will be affected.

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I could totally see Real Steel making this same exact post. LOL!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Would it be wrong to want the same treatment from the Women's US volleyball team? :rolleye:

[​IMG]

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Right! The usual "f" precursor to a*******s that people usually use when describing the Pats was left off by Tomlin. VERY respectful IMO.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

AB is constantly doing live on FB.

20. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I completely disagree. these are grown ass men. they don't need to have rules telling them not to video a locker room. they have grew up in them. so tomlin is suppose to go around and make sure that these men are all paying attention to what the HEAD coach is saying after a playoff win?

21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
  22. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    We all need rules. All the time. Grown up or not...in fact, in my experience, it's the "grown ups" who tend to act worse than kids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    There was a rule in place. Brown violated it according to Tomlin. He'll be punished both by the team and by the league.

24. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    well come to find out there are rules for this and he broke them

• Like Like x 1
  25. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    If this is true, why did Tomlin condone it the week prior by making an appearance in AB's vid?

• Agree Agree x 1