1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What if the Steelers played with deflated balls?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I just think some reporter should have the guts to ask Tom Brady the following question:

"How does your supermodel wife like being married to a guy who has small hands and deflated balls?" ;)

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He absolutely ran his mouth and said he was gonna "light Wes Welker up". He asked about who that "small receiver" was or something like that and they said "Wes Welker" and he said "Yeah I'm gonna light him up".

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    This is way too funny

[video=youtube;_FAT_pRqo3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FAT_pRqo3w&x-yt-ts=1421828030&x-yt-cl=84411374[/video]

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven't seen that reported any where but even if it's true, it might have been something the Ravens noticed after the fact, like maybe a player saying in a meeting that he thought a ball was a little off feeling, at that point, they wouldn't be able to prove it so they just told the Colts to be on the look out for it. Whatever though, doesn't change the fact that NE was caught cheating, again.

Thats how I remember that too. Sherman was ripping into Brady a little today, pretty funny.

5. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    We otta start callin' ya "BeefyRayD":lolol:

6. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Anthony Thomas / Smith ... I'd pushed him to the back of mind to the point I forgot his name.

I remember Brady throwing a 20-yd TD pass, or something like that, and then sprinting the 20+ yards to the EZ and going facemask to facemask with Thomas...er, I mean, Smith. Was Brady just fired up? Maybe. But I never recall any of the all-time greats pulling stuff like that, and the reason is that Brady (and Rivers and Cutler) can talk smack and hide behind the rules. Back in the day, QBs did their talking with their play, not their mouths, because they knew some lineman would come and knock their block off.

7. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Sorry! the part in Red is a cop out of an answer! Maybe he should've just said:shrug: To me it's either yes or no answer! If ya gotta enough confidence that you'll win then the answer is "Yes"!

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    And I forgot the big one: impregnating Bridget Moynahan and then ditching her for Giselle.

9. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I just can't imagine anyone supporting this team with this cheating that goes on in that franchise. This is the second time they got caught. I can't believe Belichick knows nothing about footballs and so on. I was in industry for 47 yrs. and it would be crazy for me to say I do not know nothing about a certain process of that particular industry.
    [​IMG]

10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...arantees-win-vs-Patriots/stories/200712060478

PG article a few days before the '07 game. Smith absolutely gave them plenty of bulletin board material.
    And they targeted him. Farrior is quoted as saying that AS needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    BB came out this morning and said he has nothing to do with the ball's before the game, and the media would have to ask TB about the balls, So the media starts to believe everything he say's . and while waiting on the TB conferance i saw some ex players say they wanted to see TB come out and apoligize saying he didnt kno the rules or somthing to that extent,, TB gets to the podium and says he didnt kno why the balls were the way they where.. What a POS, he STOOD up there and lied the whole time with a lil smirk on his face... Ihope the Equipment manager comes out and just flatout call TB a liar

12. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011

From what I am seeing and reading, they ARE NOT believing Brady.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    No they are not,, But they WAS believing BB untill TB spoke now it seems like they arn't believing either one of them... lol

14. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Its getting silly. Its no different than a bunch of kids breaking your window while they are playing baseball, but when you question them no one did it or saw anything even though you found a baseball in your living room.

They're either immature and think they can just deny it and until it goes away, or they're so figgin arrogant that they don't care and are going to sit there and say 'prove it.'

15. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    The Patriots, cheating since 1986.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d80498bba/Top-Ten-Weather-Games-The-Snow-Plow-Game[/video]

16. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Here's one of the reports. It's from Glazer and he's pretty accurate.
    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-indianapolis-colts-deflated-footballs-012115

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    THAT'S the one that bothers me the most about him. I admire what he does ON the field. OFF the field? Not so much.

19. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    That's what she said.

20. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We can go on telling stories about the pats or we can do something! Football under goodell is no longer a sport it is a money machine. If the fans demand the pats are not in the SuperBowl or we boycott the game and inform the sponsors we will look at boycotting them then nothing will happen except the further decline of the game we love so stand-up or shut up on this matter.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think I'll go on trashing NE since I have a better chance at stealing Gisel away from Brady then a million people boycotting the SB.

22. pastorbob

pastorbob Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Blast how about 50million fans. While I have been a Steeler fan for over 45yrs I donnot believe we are the only fans who careabout the game and are really upset with goodells slap on the wrist again to the patsies so business can go on as usual. 31 teams with over a million fans each(not counting the patsies) all with message boards. Think about it.

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wasn't speaking figuratively, I just pulled a number out of thin air. My point was, though, there will never be that kind of mass organized boycott.

24. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :facepalm: Oh God...

I meant to describe my hands as meaty. You know, thick. With sausages for fingers. My finger's aren't very long, so I can't palm a basketball nor get a good one handed grip in the middle of a football. But my fists are like sledge hammers. ;)

But enough about my mitts.

How about that lyin' punk, Brady?

25. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Nevermind....I thought I remembered something but I can't find any evidence so my brain might have just invented it.