1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What has Manziel done wrong?

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Bleedsteel, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    So, I`m hearin all this talk about last year`s Heisman trophy winner, bein a "bad apple", and pissin people off...
    Sumthin apparentley went wrong, when he was at the Mannings` qb camp for kids,
    And I have read headlines about him carrying on his "flamboyant" lifestyle...
    Apparentley, even Peter King, wrote an article about how this kid is gonna come into the league, with a ton of "red flags"...
    I`m not gonna try to dig up the links to these stories, I`m just wondering what I have missed...
    Anyone know what this kid has done to deserve a bad rep, and wanna shed sum light on it for me?
    I am really clueless, and just wondering what all the talk is about..
    Is he just cocky? Drives expensive cars fast on public roads? Hits women? what`s the deal?
    Just had a vocal argument with the Mannings?
    Where did all the hate come from?
    Thought he was a pretty good qb, with no issues until recentley, and can`t seem to dig up what those "issues" are, except that he had a verbal altercation with the holier than thou Mannings, at a kids camp, sumwhere recentley, and can`t even really find any details about that ...
    What did he do?!?:shrug:

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Apparently he blew off Manning's qb camp. He also seems to have a reputation as someone that likes to party.

3. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
  4. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
  5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks much, Scruffy...
    I`m gonna have to read that again, when I`m sober, as is... It seems to make my point... He`s more victim, than villian... What do you expect these kids to do?
    And why should they NOT get paid, when the colleges they play for make millions of dollars off their backs?!?\
    Anyhow, again, I will re-read this when my comprehension skills are better, but, this seems to make my point.
    What has he really done wrong?
    At least, now, I have a much better idea about where he comes from, and why so many people are *****in about the way he lives his life.
    Sure, I`m jealous.
    Wish I came from a background, of "old oil field money"...
    But I don`t begrudge him a bit of that. More power to him, and when the schools counselors are telling him to "build walls around yourself"... LMAO...
    That`s just ironic, when every counselor to the everyman, says walls are unhealthy, and you should tear em down...
    LOL...
    Anyhow, at least, now I see what all the talk is about.
    Appreciate it, Scruffy.
    GO STEELERS!