1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to ATTACK MODE?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikey5513, Jan 23, 2017.

1. mikey5513

mikey5513 Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Championship game & Steelers come out in "CONSERVATIVE" mode! Did Haley think that was the way to beat the PATS? And they never went into ATTACK mode the entire game. I kept waiting for ATTACK mode but in vain. Does Haley think that a deep pass on 3rd & short on first possession is ATTACK mode? Also, not 1 trick play the entire game. Geez. I hate Haley. Run the ball constantly on first down without Bell. Geez. It's like the Coaches wanted the PATS to win. Geez.

2. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Let's see...your franchise Quarterback asked the #1 cheat for his Jersey why, why would Ben want his Jersey??? Admiration maybe!!! I would burn that slime balls Jersey!!! Hello!!!! No fire no desire Brady put a whooping on the Steelers and they did not answer.

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    its called playing afraid.

1. we were counting on their defense to make a mistake(they didn;t)
    2. we were counting on brady to make a mistake(never does)

we played into their strengths

other teams fold under pressure, pats don't. our inability to adjust, is painful to watch. That, and they are just overall a more quality, disciplined team.

and the refs help.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I have no problem with him asking for the jersey. Ben just does what he is told by haley. Brady still has that fire(whining) that makes him so good.

5. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That's like asking a boxer who just kicked your butt for the exact same gloves with your blood on them that he kicked your butt with. A souvenir of a butt kicking no thanks I'm not geared that way.

6. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This is the 'new' NFL (well, not that new, it's been this way for a while) where there is mutual respect and admiration amongst players. Recall OBeckham watching the jumbotron of AB dancing in the endzone and smiling? That's just the way it is. I understand from a fan's perspective that it's hard to swallow, but that's not the way these athletes roll. So in that respect, I can see it Ben's way and have no issue with him asking for Brady's jersey. This isn't old school where you are in 100% "hate the opponent" mode 100% of the time. It just isn't that way anymore. (Sure there are exceptions like the Ravens, but there are even times when you see mutual respect come from them, as well).

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So true. Fans project their feelings onto the players of their own team and they just don't feel the same way.

Thats why fan is short for fanatics.

Having respect for your opponent doesn't mean you don't want to beat the snot out of them and win. So many of these guys are friends off the field.

• Agree Agree x 1