1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What effect do you think this will have $191M?

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Stone, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This article is mis-leading because it doesn't account for improvements to the property but it begs the question, what ripple effect will this massive financial implication (Vegas) have on things like salary cap $$$$$, salary cap structure, the new CBA, etc.

Bringing Vegas into the NFL equation could be huge......and it could also have something to do with the owners trying to rush the new CBA along!

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/02/...w-nevada-headquarters-for-185-million-profit/

2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    We need to get in on a deal like that Stone. I'm good for a mil if I leveraged everything to the hilt. Just need another 5 suckers, I mean investors to pony up a mil each. Flip that sucker for 25mil profit each. Who's with me?

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Sounds fishy to me, bringing back memories of the bank bailout after the savings & loans scandal.

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I do business management consulting in a small niche and my mind instantly goes to cause and effect. This has so many ripple effects it isn't funny.
    1. How and why did they get that land for that price?
    2. If the Raiders, by being in Las Vegas, have the ability to makes untold millions that the other owners don't, what are the other owners and King Roger going to do about it?
    3. When, not if, the NFL starts to make a few more billion, due to the Las Vegas influence, how are they going to protect that money from the NFLPA?
    4. Is this why the owners were in such a hurry to get the new CBA signed?
    5. Is the NFLPA smart enough to see this cash cow and demand their share?
    Oh what a tangled web we weave!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    A lot of good questions for sure. If memory serves me correct one of the reasons they traded Kahlil Mack was because they did not have the actual cash on hand, when a player signs for guaranteed money those funds (or a certain percentage) have to be put in escrow. I know there was more to it, but players wanting more guaranteed money will put a crimp on some teams ability to keep them. While the Raider's as a franchise has great financial value (or any NFL team for that matter), not every team owner had great cash fluidity, Mark Davis is one of those owners. Doing deals like this add instant cash and will enable the team to make those deals to the star players needed to showcase that new stadium.