1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What D'Ya Think?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Junebug, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Is this true? Not sure that site is a reputable source.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Not buying it. I just searched Tomlin on Google and nada, nothing, zilch on this.

If Tomlin came out with a statement like this it would be a huge story, not covered by some wanna be blog site I've never heard of before.

The author got you to click on his page, and you got me to click on his page, which is exactly what the guy wants.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This doesn't sound right.

Tomlin’s statement came as a shock to the team, since the Steelers have been the team with the largest number of unpatriotic kneelers since the crisis began in 2017.

I can remember the game where the entire team, beside AL, stayed in the locker room rather than deal with this BS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I saw that quote on twitter, I'm sure that's from a fake meme.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That’s a crock. I don’t ever remember a Steelers player kneeling.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I've seen the quotes in the past few days. I really don't care if it's true or not. The fact that nobody really picked this up as a feature proves how much of a nonstory this is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    In the article it states Joe Barron asst coach for place kickers says it makes it harder but they found a way to get the fg off without the holder kneeling or some nonsense ...yes suppose to be satire. Not funny, but satire I guess

• Like Like x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Someone should be embarrassed for posting this

But the hatred for Tomlin doesn’t stop some people

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Satire.......and not even GOOD satire.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
  13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This, doesn't even sound like coach. He's an advocate of justice and fairness. But, he doesn't allow anyone, especially the media, to sucker him into a statement like that. Plus, there were no clichés... lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    About Us

Dunning-kruger-times.com is a subsidiary of the “America’s Last Line of Defense” network of parody, satire, and tomfoolery, or as Snopes called it before they lost their war on satire: Junk News

About Satire
    Before you complain and decide satire is synonymous with “comedy”:

sat·ire ˈsaˌtī(ə)r noun: The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, OR ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Everything on this website is fiction. It is not a lie and it is not fake news because it is not real. If you believe that it is real, you should have your head examined. Any similarities between this site’s pure fantasy and actual people, places, and events are purely coincidental and all images should be considered altered and satirical. See above if you’re still having an issue with that satire thing.

About Taters
    “Taters” are the conservative fans of America’s Last Line of Defense. They are fragile, frightened, mostly older caucasian Americans. They believe nearly anything. While we go out of our way to educate them that not everything they agree with is true, they are still old, typically ignorant, and again — very afraid of everything.

Our mission is to do our best to show them the light, through shame if necessary, and to have a good time doing it, because…old and afraid or not, these people are responsible for the patriarchy we’re railing so hard against. They don’t understand logic and they couldn’t care less about reason. Facts are irrelevant. BUT…they do understand shame.

About the Money (from the owner)
    Things here at ALLOD have evolved over the years. There have been times when there has been a boatload of money made, and times of extreme famine. In general, this is a lucrative enterprise. As for the morality, what the **** ever. I own a bunch of stuff, I’ve been building it for years, it makes me a nice living. Don’t like it? I don’t care. I’m all done trying to justify to libtaters why my work is allowed to be profitable. My tater audience is a commodity. Just ask Facebook. I won’t be apologizing. To anyone.

‘Merica.

About Fake News
    Call it whatever you like. Just don’t call it something it isn’t. Don’t email us asking for a “source.” Don’t inform us that our stories aren’t true. We have so many disclaimers now that the disclaimers are satirical. We make sure the words “satire” or “fiction” appear in EVERY category BEFORE the story. Twice.

If you can seriously read this stuff and think it can be passed off as real to reasonable people, you need to go out, right now, and buy a sense of humor and a clue.

So Please…
    Keep your poutrage to yourself. I sleep just fine.

~Christopher Blair, AKA Busta Troll

• Like Like x 2
  16. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I guess quarterback coach Art Tubolls (say it very slow) was convinced me it was bad satire. After I actually googled assistant placekicker coach Joe Bannon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I am not so sure about that. Tomlin has been supportive of football players being singularly focused on football. It wouldn't make any sense for Tomlin to address the issue right now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Taters is so wrong. My grandchildren love taters especially when I load them up with butter, salt and sour cream.

• Like Like x 1
  21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Not much of a fan. They’re like pasta to me. Just a delivery mechanism for better tasting things.

oh boy that flour and egg tastes amazing! Boring

• Like Like x 1
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I try not to think on a daily basis, so I didn't waste my time opening that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No way. Pasta kicks a$$....every kind. I can eat just pasta. LoL

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :lolol:

25. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member