1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What does the endorsement of Big Ben really mean?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 11, 2019.

Which is it?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2019.
  1. This was a warning shot over Tomlins bow.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. This was just an attempt to clean up the mess by endorsing the one star who didn't requerst a trade.

37.5%
  3. Just the latest in a series of head scratcher from the Steelers.

62.5%
  4. Ownership/management finally saw the circus and this is the first step to fix it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I was at the bar by my hunting camp in Ohio and talking to a friend who is a Dolphins fan. He presented a different take on the strong endorsement of Big Ben that hadn't occurred to me.

He said the way he read the tea leaves was that this was a clear and direct message to Tomlin of exactly where the managements faith resides.

What do you think?

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don't get it, what happened?

3. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I dont know either but at least it's not another thread about AB or Bell. :applaud:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    1 adults 52 kids? Granted it's a few weeks old but at least it's not AB. And it could mean a lot about our future as fans:smiley1:

5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    no i meant I don't understand what message you are trying to get across lol. Like did Ben say or do anything that I am unaware of? or this is speculation based on what events have transpired?

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Ahhh ... I tend to look at the root cause rather than the effect. The ringing endorsement of your QB without a word about your coach is rare in the NFL. Why did the Steelers do this in the form of an official team statement? What is the underlying meaning? Was this a statement about the future of Tomlin without ever mentioning Tomlin's name?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Because Ben is the ONLY thing left that the Steelers have to feel good about. And that'll depend on whether they get the rest of this mess cleaned up.............which all the sports talk shows are having a field day with, btw. We've gone from being an elite NFL team, to being an NFL joke. Amazing how quickly things can change.

8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    lol well it;s about time.

Here are the NFL headlines
    2014 "why Steelers are a threat to the patriots"
    2015 "How Steelers can dethrone Patriots"
    2016 "Steelers are the team to beat in the AFC"
    2017 "How Steelers can finally get that Patriot monkey off their back"
    2018 "How Steelers are one free agent away from beating patriots"
    2019 "Fall from grace. How one of the most talented greatest football trio never won a super bowl. Or even sniffed one. Wasted. Oh yeah, Patriots won another super bowl and they are the monkey that keeps flinging poo at the Steelers, well anyone in general".

2020 "How Poo is a good thing and why you should get used to it"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I couldn't help myself!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. cral22

cral22 Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    Lets see over the past 5 years this team has been the most talented team in the NFL... I wonder whose the main reason all this stuff has happened? Who is supposed to control every aspect of this team? Who is the one who should have been fired years ago, but all the organization cares about is keeping the stadium sold out with bs regular season wins?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hoo Flung Poo?

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think Colbert realizes that his job may very will hinge on Ben's next 3 years and he's hitching his wagon to that thought. Like I've said before,I can't blame him. I just feel he went a little too far and probably put off a few players. It will most likely be water under the bridge come camp time. This team needs to get out the gate fast. I don't think it's gonna take much for things to go South quickly if they don't. Even with everything that has been cleaned up IMO it's a fragile environment....

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Luckily Tomlin has a history of having the team prepared and getting out of the gate fast!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Trust me I know. It's a major pet peeve of mine. I feel the HC and QB can do a better job of the team being prepared and it starts in the pre season. One day they will realize week 1 is just as important as week17
    ....maybe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    September is always a slop fest. Offense is out of sync and defense and/or special teams give up a big play. I have a feeling it's gonna be worse this year than previous years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Watching Tomlin try to be a leader when it is not in his make-up might be the most entertaining part of watching them this year!