1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What does the 2nd half of the season have in store for Deebo?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 1, 2017.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    8 games into the season and Silverback has made an appearance in only 4 of them contributing for 3 tackles and 1 sack. Not sure of the total stats of how many plays he was on the field for each game but it was very minimal to say the least. Obviously this is his last season and they are carrying him hoping that he wins another Superbowl to go out on top like Jerome did. At this point it seems like a wasted roster spot to me, (although I would never mention that to him personally). After all he guy is a monster in the gym which makes me wonder why he doesn't see playing time in every game.

After the bye week, will he see more playing time? Joey said something to the effect that he will be needed down the stretch, so does that mean a significant increased role as his final season comes to a conclusion? Will he play every game from here on out or just be used when needed? He was really needed in the Detroit game but they elected to go with Moats instead which is a huge down grade if you ask me. James still puts fear in opposing QB's more so than Moats ever will. Speaking of rushing the passer I noticed when he as in there it was dropping back more than I'd like to see if he's used as sporadically as he has been.

I'd like to see him from here on out in the second half of games to give Watt a breather and especially in the 4th quarter starting with the Colts game and every game thereafter when needed. If we are in a big lead in any game then relax on the playing time and save him for the playoffs but if we need to get the ball back for the offense then I see no need to have him on the bench. The guy is a big time competitor and sitting him 3/4 of the season is similar to him just receiving a semi participation trophy should they win it all. I'd hate to see a 2017 season with him having less than 50 snaps which he isn't even on pace for at this point He's too valuable still to get that low of a work load and to me it would be a disgrace just so we might use him in the playoffs. At that point, I really wouldn't get it of why he would still be on the roster.

I know I threw a lot of questions out there in this thread but I just want to know what your expectancy is for #92 as his final games as a great Steeler career comes to a close.

I'd love to see the Steelers hand him the Lombardi of coarse but his tank is not yet empty and they really need him to get after the QB's along the way if they expect that to ever happen.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    :shrug:....it depends on the weather.....Porter said we are going to use him when it gets cold....:shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    His playing time won't change unless there's a injury, Porter said because of the young guys playing well and Harrison being 39 and he can't drop into coverage.

4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I wouldn't put much stock in what Porter says, remember when he kept praising Jarvis Jones on being great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

If you are talking Chickillo, Matakevich, or Moates as being the young guys coming in when Watt needs a breather over Harrison then this team will give up a lot of yards on the ground and through the air along with plenty of points. That's where Tomlin and Butler need to step in and make Porter understand what gives the team the best chance to put up W's.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We could use a lil more for sure throughout the remaining games. Him over moats and chick is a no brainer as it stands if it's in a spell for a blow role. much to gain by inserting him situationally.

7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I always hated seeing Kirkland dropping into coverage.
    These type of LBers should be beating the QB.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    To be fair teams now days are dinking and dunking. Hard to get to the qb unless they are down scores

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No I'm talking about Watt, Dupree, and Chickillo that's why Harrison isn't playing.